Sr. Accountant - SEC Reporting
Company: 02 Denny's Inc.
Posted on: January 15, 2020
JOIN A FAMILY, NOT A COMPANY -WERE A FAMILY DINER AND PROUD OF
EVERYTHING THAT MEANS.Dennys is Americas diner. For over 60 years,
our guests have come to our diners to sit back, relax and enjoy
delicious, hearty meals 24/7, every day of the year. Our employees
are part of a classic, national brand and just like our guests, are
family both inside and outside the diner. At Dennys we love to feed
people and that means providing meaningful work for our employees
that allows them to be fulfilled, realizing that what they do and
who they are matter.We are looking for an experienced Manager,
External Reporting to join our Finance team here in beautiful
Spartanburg, SC.Position Summary: This position is responsible for
the quarterly, annual and periodic reporting requirement of the
Company as required by the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Responsible for the implementation of new accounting pronouncements
issued by the Financial Accounting Standards Board, the Securities
and Exchange Commission or any other authoritative body.
Responsible for higher level, significant accounting areas to be
defined as appropriate. Primary backup to the Assistant
- 10-K and 10-Q preparation. Other reporting responsibilities
including preparing 401(k) financial statements and working with HR
andlegal to complete the annual proxy report (specifically
- Monitoring and determining impact of new accounting standards
on the Company.
- Higher level accounting responsibilities currently include
stock compensation accounting, quarterly Non-GAAP analysis, and
goodwill andproperty impairment analysis.
- Leads the Companys Disclosure Committee on a quarterly
- Heavy interface with Chief Accounting Officer, external
auditors, legal department, treasury and other accounting
- Other duties as assigned.Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting required.
- At least 4years of accounting experience preferred.
- SEC reporting and/or public accounting experience
- CPA required.Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Great analytical and problem skills.
- Excellent business partnering skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to manage multi-project workload within tight deadlines
through strong organizational and planning skills.
- Excellent computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint,
Hyperion).--Denny's, Inc.--is committed to providing equal
employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, race,
creed, color, national origin, citizenship status, religion, sex,
sexual orientation,--gender identity,--disability,--genetic
information,--military or veteran's status, criminal background, or
any other characteristic protected by Federal, State, or local
law.--Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of
the application process should--contact 864-597-8000. PLEASE DO NOT
CONTACT THIS NUMBER TO CHECK THE STATUS OF YOUR APPLICATION.
Keywords: 02 Denny's Inc., Spartanburg , Sr. Accountant - SEC Reporting, Accounting, Auditing , Spartanburg, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!