Posted on: May 18, 2019
Dennys is looking for their next Internal Audit team member. We are
looking for an upcoming graduate or recent college graduate that
has preferably had internship experience in audit or finance. We
are excited to develop our new team member. Job Summary This
position is responsible for assisting in the execution of the
annual Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 compliance effort, as well as
other internal audit activities of the Company. Essential Functions
- Assists in executing the annual SOX 404 compliance effort
including performing walkthrough procedures, as needed, testing
control effectiveness, summarizing and reporting test results,
interacting with external auditors, including hours for substantive
audit work directly for the external auditors as part of a
co-sourcing arrangement, and updating and maintaining documentation
- Conducts quarterly journal entry testing.
- Participates in the planning and development of audit programs
related to other corporate audits.
- Develops audit work papers in accordance with department
standards in order to complete the audit work and support the audit
findings and recommendations to management.
- Assists in the preparation of audit reports and other
deliverables intended for audit customers and the Audit & Finance
- Manages the timely and effective completion of assigned audit
- Interfaces with the Director of Internal Audit and the Audit
Manager, as well as various process owners throughout the Company.
- Conducts operational audits as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned. Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelors degree in Accounting required (Open to May 2019
- CPA preferred or working towards the 150 hour requirement
- Internship experience in related accounting, finance or
auditing function strongly preferred Required Knowledge and Skills
- Problem solver and ability to think analytically
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to focus on priorities in order to successfully achieve
- Ability to work independently, carry out assignments to
completion, critically analyze issues, form conclusions and assist
in the development of corrective action plans.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a variety of departments
and personalities to achieve quality results
- Strong attention to detail and quality Denny's, Inc. is
committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons
regardless of age, race, creed, color, national origin, citizenship
status, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
disability, genetic information, military or veteran's status,
criminal background, or any other characteristic protected by
Federal, State, or local law. Applicants requiring reasonable
accommodation for any part of the application process should
contact . PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT THIS NUMBER TO CHECK THE STATUS OF
Keywords: Denny's, Spartanburg , Auditor, Accounting, Auditing , Spartanburg, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!