Company: Advance America
Posted on: July 14, 2019
OverviewThis position reports to Assistant Controller and, is
responsible for supporting the Controller and department in
internal and external financial reporting to include, but not
limited to, balance sheets, income statements, cash flows, and
various individual account analysis. This position requires
flexibility and willingness to work as a team in order to complete
all applicable tasks as well as the completion of other duties as
assigned.ResponsibilitiesSupport the department in the completion
of all tasks through effective teamwork:
- Promote team environment and meet departmental goals.
- Instruct and train staff accountants to new hires on policies
- Assist with other special projects as assigned.
- Adhere to all points of the creed.
Influence and further the understanding of Company finances and
- Provide information to management to assist in
- Communicate necessary informational policies and procedures
with other departments and branch operations to ensure the accuracy
of financial statements.
Drive and manage all accounting processes to completion within the
- Assist with monthly close through completion of financial
- Assist with timely review of balance sheet and income statement
accounts and analysis.
- Perform revenue analysis to journalize appropriate revenue
- Perform loan analysis for loan allowance calculation.
- Assist in drafting financial statement footnote
- Facilitate timely processing of all general ledger transactions
and subsidiary ledger adjustments.
- Assist with audits as needed.
Maintain the effectiveness of the department and recommend process
improvements where needed:
- Communicate issues, status, and accomplishments to Assistant
Controller regarding areas of responsibility in a timely
- Assist in implementing and monitoring policies and procedures
necessary to support and provide accurate and timely
- Utilize independent judgment to recommend and initiate process
- Maintain appropriate record retention.
Understand, adhere to and enforce all corporate policies including,
but not limited to, Advance America's Creed, Code of Ethics and
Information Security Policies.QualificationsEquivalent Education
Level Required: BA in Accounting or other business related BA/BS
Experience Required: Six or more years of relevant accounting
experience required with GAAP accounting experience and/or Big 4
public accounting experience strongly preferred.
Knowledge Required: Excellent written and verbal communications
skills as would be needed to communicate in person, by phone, and
through email; adaptability and flexibility to changing
environment; and comfortable working in a dynamic, high volume,
fast-paced environment. Ability to read, write, evaluate, and apply
information. Ability to interact professionally and exhibit
appropriate social skills. Ability to understand and ensure
compliance with policies, procedures, and laws governing our
industry/business and products. Ability to develop and maintain
business relationships. Solid understanding of accounting
principles through intermediate level, excellent computer skills,
excellent analytical skills, excellent attention to detail,
excellent organizational skills, ability to meet deadlines, and the
ability to work with minimal supervision required.
Physical Requirements: Sitting for long periods of time; standing
occasionally; walking; bending; squatting; kneeling;
pushing/pulling; reaching; twisting; frequent lifting of less than
10 lbs., occasional lifting of up to 20 lbs.; driving and having
access during the workday to an insured and reliable
transportation; typing; data entry; grasping; transferring items
between hands and/or to another person or receptacle; use of office
equipment to include computers; ability to travel to, be physically
present at, and complete the physical requirements of the position
at any assigned location.
Travel: 0 – 10%
Attire: Business Casual
Other: Must be eligible to work in the USA and able to pass a
Keywords: Advance America, Spartanburg , Senior Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Spartanburg, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!