Sr. Accountant - SEC Reporting
Posted on: January 17, 2020
JOIN A FAMILY, NOT A COMPANY - WE'RE A FAMILY DINER AND PROUD OF
EVERYTHING THAT MEANS.
Denny's is America's diner. For over 60 years, our guests have come
to our diners to sit back, relax and enjoy delicious, hearty meals
24/7, every day of the year. Our employees are part of a classic,
national brand and just like our guests, are family both inside and
outside the diner. At Denny's we love to feed people and that means
providing meaningful work for our employees that allows them to be
fulfilled, realizing that what they do and who they are matter.
We are looking for an experienced Manager, External Reporting to
join our Finance team here in beautiful Spartanburg, SC.
Position Summary: This position is responsible for the quarterly,
annual and periodic reporting requirement of the Company as
required by the Securities and Exchange Commission. Responsible for
the implementation of new accounting pronouncements issued by the
Financial Accounting Standards Board, the Securities and Exchange
Commission or any other authoritative body. Responsible for higher
level, significant accounting areas to be defined as appropriate.
Primary backup to the Assistant Controller.
- 10-K and 10-Q preparation. Other reporting responsibilities
including preparing 401(k) financial statements and working with HR
and l egal to complete the annual proxy report (specifically
- Monitoring and determining impact of new accounting standards
on the Company.
- Higher level accounting responsibilities currently include
stock compensation accounting, quarterly Non-GAAP analysis, and
goodwill and p roperty impairment analysis.
- Leads the Company's Disclosure Committee on a quarterly
- Heavy interface with Chief Accounting Officer, external
auditors, legal department, treasury and other accounting
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required.
- At least 4 years of accounting experience preferred.
- SEC reporting and/or p ublic accounting experience
- CPA required.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Great analytical and problem skills.
- Excellent business partnering skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to manage multi-project workload within tight deadlines
through strong organizational and planning skills.
- Excellent computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Hyperion).
Denny's, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment
opportunity for all persons regardless of age, race, creed, color,
national origin, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information,
military or veteran's status, criminal background, or any other
characteristic protected by Federal, State, or local law.
Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the
application process should contact 864-597-8000. PLEASE DO NOT
CONTACT THIS NUMBER TO CHECK THE STATUS OF YOUR APPLICATION.
","title":"Sr. Accountant - SEC Reporting
Keywords: Denny's, Spartanburg , Sr. Accountant - SEC Reporting, Advertising , Spartanburg, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!