Company: Crane Fluid Handling
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Position Summary:Develops and implements optimal, cost-effective
manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product
specifications and quality standards. Recommends and implements
improvements to production processes, methods and controls, driving
productivity savings and cost reductions. Coordinates manufacturing
launch to support new product development initiatives and supports
product line after launch.
--- Principle Duties (includes, but is not limited to):
- Participates actively in the CBS and Quality processes
including project team involvement, problem-solving, and
recommending solutions to enhance and improve the quality of
departmental and/or company-wide business activities.
- Leads the research, design & development and implementation of
new manufacturing processes and technology to deliver improvements
in production flow, assembly methods and plant cost savings.
- Leads and completes studies / product process analysis to
improve safety, quality, delivery, efficiency and costs involving
manufacturing processes. Buys and/or sells equipment to that
- Develops and maintains all production related control documents
(PFMEA, work instructions, standard work, etc.)
- Monitors and audits adherence to the manufacturing process
against work instructions
- Acts as a project leader on maintenance, cost savings
activities and capital improvement projects.
- Designs, develops, tests and/or sources cost-justified tools,
machinery and equipment for recommended manufacturing methods.
- Completes capital appropriation requests and work orders to
implement new projects and machinery. Provides economic
justification for capital projects.
- Contracts the purchasing of special new tooling to support
- Develops, submits, and tracks ER/CER's for capital and expense
approval for manufacturing and facilities.
- Keeps informed on the latest applicable technology in areas of
manufacturing equipment, tooling, and systems.
- Makes recommendations and presentations on applying technology
- Drives quality through repeatability and process control.
- Coordinates the manufacturing launch of new/revised products
including establishing goals, training team members and evaluating
- Represents manufacturing on cross-functional teams.
- Uses sound engineering principles and established procedural
disciplines to execute projects from conception to completion while
integrating lean philosophies at each stage.
- Perform projects during the specified timeline and within
- Adheres to Safety and Quality policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Essential Qualifications /
- B.S. in Engineering.
- 4 years of engineering experience in a manufacturing
- Must have knowledge of machining, fabrication and assembly
operations. Direct experience preferred.
- Knowledge of manufacturing methods, techniques, equipment and
- Technical skills in manufacturing, flow, layout, assembly, and
production equipment desired.
- Understanding of process & product specifications and lean
- Problem solving and root cause analysis & resolution skills
- An ability to think ahead and plan over a 3-6 month time span
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Unimpeachable ethics
- Valve industry experience is highly desired.
- Background in ISO 9001 or related Quality standards
- CNC programming knowledge desired.
Keywords: Crane Fluid Handling, Spartanburg , Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering , Spartanburg, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!