2023 Mechanical Engineering Internship - SAE Baja
Company: Oshkosh Corporation
Posted on: July 30, 2022
At Oshkosh, we build, serve and protect people and communities
around the world by designing and manufacturing some of the
toughest specialty trucks and access equipment. We employ over
15,000 team members all united by a common purpose. Our engineering
and product innovation help keep soldiers and firefighters safe, is
critical in building and keeping communities clean and helps people
do their jobs every day.Assist design engineers with multiple tasks
involving the mechanical engineering functions in the Design, Test
& Development or other departments.As a Mechanical Engineering
intern at Oshkosh Corporation, you may have the opportunity to:
- Prepare vehicle component layouts using CATIA and CAD
- Select parts or components for quality conscious design, i.e.,
weight, cost, reliability, and ease of manufacturing.
- Determine failure trends and failure analysis; evaluate designs
for failure potential.
- Follow project on the assembly floor for prototype, pilot, or
production build and provide technical assistance.
- Generate engineering calculations of weight distribution,
stress analysis, performance estimations, etc.
- Consult with suppliers, customers, and internal departments to
find solutions to problems.
- Perform or assist in the testing of complete vehicles or
- Develop and exercise reliability mathematical models.
- Analyze field warranty data and prototype test data for failure
trends.If working in the Test & Development area, some
responsibilities may include:
- Establish requirements for testing of vehicles and associated
- Create test plans, recommend resources of equipment necessary
to accomplish the test, and formulate test project estimates.
- Conceive necessary fixtures and test apparatus and supervise
their construction and development.
- Coordinate, supervise, and monitor testing; record test
- Recommend corrective actions needed to maintain schedule and
- Communicate status and results of tests to internal
departments, suppliers, and customers.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Student in a working towards a Bachelor's of Science degree in
Mechanical Engineering or related discipline for the entire
duration of the internship.
- Willing to travel or relocate to a Oshkosh Corporation location
for the duration of the summer 2023 internship.PREFERRED
- 3.0 GPA
- Ability to work independently while prioritizing workload.
- Flexible and adaptable to working under tight deadlines and/or
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with various web-based software applications
including Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint,
etc.Oshkosh is committed to working with and offering reasonable
accommodation to job applicants with disabilities. If you need
assistance or an accommodation due to disability for any part of
the employment process, please contact us at: 920-502-3009 or
email@example.com.Oshkosh Corporation is
an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. This company
will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, or veteran status. Information
collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way
affect the decision regarding an employment application.Oshkosh
Corporation will not discharge or in any manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with
Oshkosh Corporation's legal duty to furnish information.Certain
positions with Oshkosh Corporation require access to controlled
goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms
Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants
for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in
these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen,
lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted
as a refugee or granted asylum.
Keywords: Oshkosh Corporation, Spartanburg , 2023 Mechanical Engineering Internship - SAE Baja, Engineering , Spartanburg, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!