Company: Contec, Inc.
Posted on: August 3, 2022
SUMMARY The manufacturing engineer provides technical
engineering support to Production and Process Engineering for
maintaining and improving Contec's manufacturing
processes.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the
following. -Others may be assigned.
- Obtains daily support priorities from Production team shift
meetings to ensure production goals are met.
- Optimize existing manufacturing processes, perform capability
studies, and reduce process variation to improve delivered quality,
reduce costs, and improve safety.
- Assists Process Engineer with IQ/OQ/PQ validation process for
new manufacturing processes.
- Participates in or leads PFMEAs to develop process control
plans to ensure product meets specifications.
- Supports Lean initiatives as a participant in kaizen
- Implements methods for error prevention (Poke Yoke,
Autonomation / Jidoka).
- Provides manufacturing process oversight and ongoing
- Ensures all existing processes remain safe and environmentally
sound to protect employees from injury and minimize related
- Assists all functional areas, Production, Quality, Development,
Maintenance, etc. as needed with technical expertise such as
mechanical, electrical, control systems, and understanding of
material properties (fluids, knitted and/or nonwoven).
- Provides technical assistance for machine troubleshooting and
repair. Act as liaison to equipment manufacturers.
- Makes design changes to tooling and works with Vendors to
provide tooling needs to production work centers.
- Develop and maintain process settings in Critical Process
- Uses software for design, communication, and analysis of data:
-AutoCad, Solidworks, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, and/or
- Participates and works within ISO 9001 quality standards
guidelines in accordance with Contec's quality goals. -
Keywords: Contec, Inc., Spartanburg , Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering , Spartanburg, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!