Manufacturing/ Industrial Engineer (NGDV)
Company: Oshkosh Corporation
Posted on: November 20, 2022
About Oshkosh Defense, an Oshkosh companyOshkosh Defense stands
behind those who dedicate their lives to protecting others. As an
industry-leading tactical vehicle manufacturer, every day we strive
to meet or exceed our customers' ever-changing needs with next
generation defense technologies and advanced systems. We operate
with unparalleled commitment to those who depend on our products
and services worldwide to perform their missions.
- Develop, document, evaluate, and improve manufacturing methods,
utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts,
fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment
capabilities, assembly methods, and quality control standards.
- Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements,
and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and material storage
for maximum efficiency.
- Work with manufacturing team to support packaging and PFEP
changes due to various design changes
- Confers with vendors to determine packaging specifications and
arrange for purchase of returnable and evaluates them according to
specifications and quality standards.
- Estimates material handling times, staffing requirements, and
related costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding
manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other
considerations to facilitate material handling processes.
- Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing
requirements and potential.
- Utilizes Lean/Six Sigma principles and methodologies in making
- Work with production vendors to manage all aspects of the
production part packaging and PFEP requirements.
- Develop methods to increase efficiency in the material handling
processes by utilizing innovation and new processes.
- Research and formulate plans to accomplish major projects,
including manpower estimates, cost estimates and work measuring
devices such as milestones or critical path charts.
- Incorporate ergonomics into safety, productivity, and
- Monitor progress of major projects and make recommendations
when needed including acquisition of capital equipment.
- Develop proposals for production processes.
- Support cost estimate activities for both new product lines and
- Research and make recommendations on make or buy products.
- Research and make recommendations for the acquisition of
tooling, equipment, and fixtures.
- Understand current safety and OSHA requirements pertaining to
- Identify process improvements in the areas of safety, quality,
- Write assembly work processes and man assignment
- Establish manpower requirements, line and sub-assembly
balancing data, and expectancy time performances.
- Assist in plant layout and work station design.
- Plan, schedule, and prioritize work to meet established
- Provide technical support and assist as a resource person in
assigned area.ABOUT YOU
- Bachelor's degree in industrial, manufacturing, or mechanical
- Internship experience or 6-plus months related experienceWHAT
MAKES YOU EXCEL
- Experience in material flow, logistics, or warehousing.
- Understanding of various packaging methods or experience
working with purchase part packaging.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Proficient in 3D CAD tools and Simulation tools (CATIA,
AutoCAD, Process Simulate)
- Good overall people management skills.
- Previous supervisory and/or manufacturing experience a
- Experience with ProPlanner or related line balancing software
- Experience with automotive or heavy-duty equipment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.Oshkosh is
committed to working with and offering reasonable accommodation to
job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an
accommodation due to disability for any part of the employment
process, please contact us at: 920-502-3009 or
firstname.lastname@example.org.Oshkosh Corporation is
an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. This company
will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, or veteran status. Information
collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way
affect the decision regarding an employment application.Oshkosh
Corporation will not discharge or in any manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with
Oshkosh Corporation's legal duty to furnish information.Certain
positions with Oshkosh Corporation require access to controlled
goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms
Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants
for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in
these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen,
lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted
as a refugee or granted asylum.
Keywords: Oshkosh Corporation, Spartanburg , Manufacturing/ Industrial Engineer (NGDV), Engineering , Spartanburg, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!