Company: Parker Hannifin Spartanburg Facility
Posted on: May 17, 2023
NOW HIRING - QUALITY ENGINEERPay Range: 60-70k - Depends on
experienceJob Description:Advocate and support the Corporate WIN
Strategy by managing the quality operations in the assigned Value
Stream. Develops, modifies, applies, and maintains quality
standards for products and processes. Provides statistical
information for quality improvements by gathering data on trends
and root cause analysis. Responsible to guide technical evaluation,
analysis, and related data acquisition processes to ensure plant
quality objectives are achieved. Reports to the Plant Quality
- Quality performance (or cost-of-quality) using statistical and
analytical methods. Devises and implements various methods and
procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision,
reliability and accuracy of products, processes and production
- Develops and establishes quality systems and procedures,
inspecton plans, quality performance trends, statistical plans,
cost estimates and technical quality plans for proposals.
- Ensures that project and or process control documentation is
compliant with requirements and/or contract
- Assesses the cost of, and determines the responsibility for,
products or materials that do not meet required standards and
specifications by performing statistical analyses
- Provides input on quality to product development teams
- Ensures compliance to specified
- Quality requirements by performing in-house and supplier audits
- Prepares reports by collecting, interpreting, analyzing and
summarizing data and making recommendations.
- Analyzes proposed changes in methods and materials
- Compiles and writes training material and conducts training
sessions. On quality control activities
- Participates in failure analysis and corrective action
- Refines and enhances products and processes by applying
continuous improvement and key lean manufacturing/production
principles and techniques to critical areas of production.
- Represents company by interfacing with customers, assisting
with internal and external audits.
- May act as main contact in audit. Develops and coordinates
corrective action procedures and plans.
- Communicates and educates Value Stream Team on matters
requiring specialized knowledge of quality functions
- Production Approval Process (PPAP),Advanced Product Quality
Process(*APQP), and document control.
- Makes qualityrelated customer and vend or visits and contacts
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending
educational workshops, reviewing publications, establishing
industry networks, benchmarking state of-the-art practices,
maintaining American Society for Quality certification, and/or
participating in other professional associations.EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
- Bachelors degree (BS) in Engineering or a related
- American Society for Quality certification desired.
- Thorough knowledge of state-of-the-art inspection and quality
inspection and quality engineering/assurance techniques,
procedures, instruments, equipment, theories, principles and
concepts and general business operations.
- Ability to effectively assess and implement continuous
improvement techniques to quality and manufacturing functions.
- Ability to use standard business applications software and/or
specialized data analysis tools.
- Ability to establish goals and objectives to complete
- Ability to effectively communicate and present information to
team members, team leaders and top management
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and
draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to effectively demonstrate team member competencies and
participate in goal-setting, performance feedback and
- Six Signa and Lean tools experience is desired.
- Experience in maintaining and improving QS9000/ISO900 and
TS16949 Systems is desired. Conditions of Employment
- Must pass a Corporate background check and a drug screening.You
should be proficient in:
- Blueprint Reading
- Quality Inspection Experience
- Quality Control Data Analysis
- PPAP Process Experience
- AS9100 ExperienceMachines & technologies you'll use:
- Quality Control SoftwareSalary info:$28 - $34 / hr
Keywords: Parker Hannifin Spartanburg Facility, Spartanburg , Quality Engineer, Engineering , Spartanburg, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...