IT Engineer, Information Security
Posted on: March 13, 2019
Job Summary The Information Security Engineer, under general supervision, applies current Information Security technologies to the architecture, design, development, evaluation and integration of systems and networks to maintain system security. Works with engineers, analysts or commercial product vendors in the design and evaluation of state-of-the-art secure systems, networks, and database products. Researches, evaluates, tests, recommends, communicates and implements new security software or devices. Responsible for integration of multiple systems and toolsets into a comprehensive security infrastructure and the policies and procedures necessary to monitor and maintain such an environment. Provides information to management regarding the negative impact on the business caused by potential breach, theft, destruction, alteration, denial of access to information, or other identified means. Essential Functions (Key Responsibilities)
- Designs, installs, upgrades, troubleshoots and maintains information security systems & applications. Partners with peer engineers and analysts to ensure security design on all related infrastructure and systems.
- Performs continuous information security system maintenance, monitoring and tuning to assure performance. Troubleshoots issues timely and works to resolution.
- Monitors, maintains, and analyzes network and computer activity by reviewing information security logs to protect the organization and ensure the integrity of its information data and systems.
- Documents procedures and processes for maintenance and installation of information security (and related) systems. Reviews documentation as necessary or at least annually.
- Monitors and verifies IT security compliance with applicable new and existing regulations, policies, procedures, and standards. Assists in audit process by working with business users to collect data and compile reports.
- Gathers necessary design specifications for information security systems; coordinates with internal IS and business teams. Designs, develops and tests new information security applications and related integrated infrastructure configurations in the computer lab prior to production release. Ensures systems are free of known defects before releasing to production.
- Complete tasks on time and meet assignment dates. Accurately checks processes and tasks and ensures data integrity for assigned applications, testing to ensure new code does not impact previous version. Manages the work of others and assures tasks are completed on time
- Other duties as assigned. Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in IT or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 6+ years Data Security, Server, or Network Management experience required Required Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Networking & Infrastructure (including Firewall, Access Control, Zero-Trust Design) and/or Server & Infrastructure (Microsoft OS, Active Directory) Experience
- CompTIA Security+, CISA, CISSP or the ability to obtain within 6 months. Denny's, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, race, creed, color, national origin, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information, military or veteran's status, criminal background, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State, or local law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should contact . PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT THIS NUMBER TO CHECK THE STATUS OF YOUR APPLICATION.
Keywords: Denny's, Spartanburg , IT Engineer, Information Security, Engineering , Spartanburg, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!