Principle Design Engineer
Company: CIRCOR International
Posted on: March 14, 2019
BUSINESS: CIRCOR Energy Products
LOCATION: Spartanburg, SC
DIRECT REPORTING: Senior Engineering Manager
The Principal Engineer will function as a technical subject matter expert (SME) for all valve products. This person will oversee and execute the design and development of new products and derivative enhancement projects. The position will also function in a design authority capacity involved in our engineering change request processes on current product as well as supporting commercial and sales group with technical ball valve inquiries.
The ideal candidate holds experience in the field of engineering, product development engineering, research and development, change management, working knowledge of project management and experience and PDM systems. This position requires a self-motivated individual capable of working on a highly skilled technical team and thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
* Maintain and improve design file documentation with design authority team.
* Prepare MathCAD deliverables for new or current designs.
* Review and approve stress analysis calculations and report on the deliverable.
* Approve FEA reports.
* Solve engineering problems using statistical tools/methods such as Minitab, Design of Experiments (DOE) methodologies.
* Responsible for creating and completing project documentation (SOW s, test plans, test reports, API/ISO design documentation).
* Reviews industry specifications, develops preliminary design concepts and prepares technical proposals for product development review.
* Prepares and analyze Design layouts: 3D models, 2D drawings, Bills of Materials (BOMs).
* Lead detail design review projects utilizing other engineering personnel.
* Prepare tolerance analysis, fits and clearances, stress and strain, and design calculations as required.
* Performs analytical and/or experimental testing as necessary to demonstrate soundness of the design in early stages of product development process.
* Accountable for on-time delivery of engineering deliverables completed by the engineering staff.
* Responsible for weekly reporting to management for any critical project metrics, project schedule to engineering manager.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
* Expert technical aptitude and working knowledge of API, CSA, PED, ISO, ASTM and ASME standards and processes. Such applicable standards are but not limited to: API6D, 598, 6A, 608, 607, 1104, and 5L. ASME B16.34, B16.5, B31.8, and B31.3. Strong aptitude for Canadian standards CSAZ245.15 and Z662 for pipeline. Knowledge of Pressure Equipment Directives 97/23/EC and its applicability to pressure vessels.
*Understanding of systems and applications. Candidate shall have the expertise level to quickly relate to customers applications and provide technical guidance for materials and media.
* High ethical standards. Models and supports organization s goals and values; adapts to changing conditions; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
* Strong project management skills, including the ability to prioritize, balance, and manage multiple efforts with strong results/goal orientation. Uses time effectively, prioritizes and organizes work flow; can orchestrate multiple activities at once. Agility and personal adaptability with the ability to successfully management multiple priorities with a high sense of urgency in a rapidly changing environment.
* Expert analytical skills and solution-driven thinking; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data. Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment.
* Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions; works well in a group problem solving situations; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention; displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
* Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work.
* Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; strives for continuous improvement of self and processes.
* Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy; enjoys challenges; drives for results. Versatility, flexibility and a wiliness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
* Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills with the ability to convey information and ideas in a variety of media, tactful, confident, at all levels, internal and external. Must have strong interpersonal and team building skills and able to manage multiple projects in a rapidly changing environment.
* Passion for data, analysis, trends, reporting and technology. Experience projecting, monitoring, and managing financial resources. Ability to read and interpret documents. Ability to write clearly and informatively routine reports, correspondence, and designs work flows and procedures. Presents numerical data effectively.
* Demonstrated aptitude for process improvement and use of Lean and Continuous Improvement resources and tools.
* Knowledge of and experience working with customer and industry-specific requirements/standards across the product life cycle.
* Thorough knowledge of MS Project, Word, Excel, Power Point and other applicable tools.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
* Minimum of a Bachelor s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent combination of education and Manufacturing experience required. Professional Engineer (PE) or master s degree of a mechanical discipline is desired (e.g. M.S. Mechanical Systems).
* 12 or more years of demonstrated experience and increasing responsibility in a technical subject expert role of engineering, managing product development projects preferably in an Oil & Gas equipment manufacturing environment or pipeline segment. Candidate should be able to demonstrate they have successfully design or developed innovative products or systems. Knowledge and experience working with DFSS/Six Sigma is a plus.
CIRCOR IS AN EEO EMPLOYER OF FEMALES/MINORITIES/VETERANS/INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES
Apply Not ready to Apply*
Keywords: CIRCOR International, Spartanburg , Principle Design Engineer, Engineering , Spartanburg, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!