Company: Crown Holdings
Posted on: June 11, 2019
CROWN Cork & Seal USA, Inc., a wholly owned company of Crown
Holdings, Inc. is a global leader in the design, manufacture and
sale of packaging products for consumer goods. At Crown, we are
passionate about helping our customers build their brands and
connect with consumers around the world. We do this by delivering
innovative packaging that offers significant value for brand
owners, retailers and consumers alike. With operations in 36
countries employing over 24,000 people and net sales of over $8
billion, we are uniquely positioned to bring best practices in
quality and manufacturing to our customers to drive their
businesses locally and globally. Sustaining a leadership position
requires us to build a team of highly talented, dedicated and
Crown s Aerosol Division helps global brands become leaders in
their market segments with high quality metal aerosol packaging. We
merge our unique decorating capabilities with the latest aerosol
technologies to create packaging that not only meets rigorous
industry requirements but most importantly, the everyday needs and
expectations of consumers worldwide. Here is your chance to join
The Line Mechanic will trouble-shoot, set up, operate, repair,
maintain and overhaul equipment in accordance with the manufacture
of 3-piece steel cans.
This fast paced manufacturing facility making over 15-18 million
cans a month is located in Spartanburg, SC.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities would include, but not be limited to the
* Operate, maintain, and troubleshoot all production line equipment
associated with the process to prevent
and/or correct mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
* Repair or replace broken or malfunctioning components
* Adjust and calibrate equipment and machinery to optimal
* Check the performance of machinery. Clean and lubricate equipment
* Assess previous day mechanical downtime that require
* Work in conjunction with Supervisors/Managers to perform
Preventative Maintenance on any production line that production
* Perform accurate quality checks on finished goods.
* Ensure all safety equipment, guards, and devices are in place at
all times, and follow safe work procedures and safety rules.
* Follow company policies and standard operating procedures.
* Understand and follow verbal instructions to completion of
* Maintain proper housekeeping and safety - keep work area
* Performs other job-related duties as required or assigned. Job
In addition to the specific responsibilities listed above, the
ideal candidate will possess the following:
* A high school diploma/GED or equivalent with 3-5+ years working
experience in preventative maintenance, troubleshooting skills and
equipment re-build expertise in a manufacturing environment.
* Experience with hydraulics, centrifugal pumps, machinery
alignment, proper handling of bearings and gears, chain drives and
* Effective and proven communication skills working in a team
* Proven ability to work effectively in a fast-paced work
environment, both as an independent contributor and as a team
* Ability to drive forklifts, aerial lifts and work at high working
* Safety & Quality minded with willingness for excellence required
in all aspects of the job.
* Must provide personal tools and toolbox.
* Must successfully pass Crown s Mechanical Aptitude Assessment and
Combined Basic Skills Assessment.
* Must demonstrate qualifications through hands-on execution,
simulation and/or discussion of mechanical and technical
* Must be able to work any shift, 12 hour shifts, evenings,
weekends, and overtime as business needs dictate.
* An Associates/technical degree is preferred or a related
vocational/technical certification (journeyman card, technical
* Ability to read and interpret mechanical blueprints and parts
* Proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects/tasks at
the same time.
* Intermediate mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic and power
* High competency in the use of micrometers, calipers and related
* Basic mathematic skills.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to work in a team environment.
* Ability to lift up to fifty-five (55) pounds occasionally.
* Intermittently stand, stoop, reach, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb
* Manual dexterity/fine motor skills.
* Ability to differentiate color.
* Specific vision abilities required by this position includes
close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
* While performing the duties of this job, the associate is
regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
* The associate may be exposed to a wide range of temperatures.
* The noise level is not excessively loud.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform essential functions. Travel
Keywords: Crown Holdings, Spartanburg , Industrial Mechanic, Engineering , Spartanburg, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!