Company: PGT Trucking, Inc.
Posted on: March 15, 2020
About PGT Trucking:Patrick A. Gallagher founded PGT in 1981 on the
principles of quality customer service and personal relationships
in the metals and building industry. Initially based in Industry,
PA, the company started with only one tractor and two employees.
Mr. Gallagher was committed to smart growth that focused on driver
training and retention of the best team in the industry.With a
unique investment in quality and relationships, PGT has grown to be
a state-of-the art flatbed transportation company. We serve the
steel, building materials, machinery, oil & gas, raw materials,
aluminum, and automotive industries. Now headquartered in
Aliquippa, PA, PGT remains faithful to its fundamental cornerstones
of personal customer service and relationships, employee
professional development and retention, and profitability. We're
confident that we can sustain our progressive, proactive industry
position. Our goal is to be the safest and most reliable flatbed
carrier company in the industry.
What we offer:We offer a competitive base salary, full benefit
options including medical, dental, vision, life insurance,
disability, paid time off, paid holidays, and a company matched
401K. A company cell phone is also included in this position.
- Analyzes available loads to prioritize coverage and to
determine which loads will contribute to a driver's total revenue
- Secures, organizes and assigns loads to drivers in manner
designed to maximize efficiency and quality of performance. Gives
appropriate routing directions and scheduling instructions for
pick-ups and deliveries, as needed. Advises terminals and customer
service of scheduling problems (pick-up and delivery).
- Attempts to maintain drivers in profitable and efficient lanes,
thereby avoiding deadhead mileage.
- Instructs guides, supervises, motivates and evaluates drivers
and driver trainees regarding the daily performance of their
assigned duties in a manner consistent with applicable Company
policies and procedures. Makes recommendations to management with
respect to driver's performance.
- Maintains and reviews total and per driver shipping revenues
earned on a daily basis.
- Establishes and maintains productive working relationship with
other Company departments and employees, as well as all Company
- High School Diploma Required. Bachelor degree preferred.
- Customer Service, Detailed Oriented, and Sense of Urgency
- Must have attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: PGT Trucking, Inc., Spartanburg , Fleet Manager, Executive , Spartanburg, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!