Manager, Application Development
Company: Almaz Solutions
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Our client is experiencing a tremendous growth and is looking to
fill the Manager, Application Development position. As the Manager
of Application Development, you will be responsible for leading,
directing and managing the day to day development and support
activities related to company's proprietary application suite. You
will manage all the operational aspects of the development and
support teams to ensure the production applications meet company
business service level agreements and project tasks are delivered
on time and on budget. In this role, you will provide
administrative, technical, and people leadership for multiple,
diverse, and geographically distributed teams. You are responsible
for providing feedback to your team and individuals on their
performances. You will also coach and guide them to enable future
success. Our client is moving fast into AWS (serverless,
containers, and the usual services -CloudFormation, SQS, S3,
Aurora, CloudFront. Each Developer has access to their own A Cloud
Guru account. Responsibilities
- Manage a team of software engineers; including goal setting,
performance feedback/reviews and work assignments.
- Manage development activities utilizing an agile
- Work with Product Owners to ensure that design, coding and unit
testing tasks are planned and completed on time.
- Define and implement standard operating procedures, templates
and set standards for the development of all company custom
development activities with a focus on creating value through
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously and engage in problem
solving based on organization priorities.
- Collaborate with Application Architects, Technical Leads and
Management and Scrum Masters to design, develop and document
technical solutions that are applicable to company
- Ensure that the development staff are following the best
practices of coding standards and producing high quality code.
- Must be able to provide design options, alternatives and
recommendations based on experience and best practices.
- Apply your subject matter expertise to a variety of web
development tools and technologies, such as .NET, C#, Angular,
relational and non-relational databases, or other related
technologies within modern web application frameworks.
- Ensure that all the development projects and applications are
fully documented, meet high level design requirements and
regulatory industry standards (For Example,Data, Customer
Experience, Architecture, Security, Quality & Operations),
- Work with Product Owners to manage the maintenance and bug fix
- Other tasks as assigned. Qualifications
- Bachelor s Degree or higher in Computer Science strongly
preffered, or a related discipline with at least 8 years of
- 5+ years of applications development management
- Experience in managing or developing cloud based
- 3+ years of Scrum/Agile experience.
- A solid background in maintaining and developing applications
from conception to implementation.
and Web technologies.
- Must be able to code when needed
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with attention to
details and ability to clearly communicate and share the solutions
with the team..
- Proven leadership skills and ability to manage onshore/offshore
development staff that ranges from Junior to Senior level. Be able
to build a rapport with the team and get to know the product.
- DevOps experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal,written and communication skills. Supervisory
Responsibility This position will supervise a team of Developers.
Work Environment and Physical Demands This job operates in a
professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard
office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing
cabinets and fax machines. Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days of work are Monday through
Friday. The daily schedule may vary from 8 am to 5 pm or 9 am to 6
pm. Hours may vary or exceed 40 in any given week depending on the
needs of the business. Depending on system needs and emergencies,
the manager may be called in on weekends and overnight hours on
occasion. Travel This position will require up to 10% travel. If
interested, we encourage you to apply for this position with us
right away. At Almaz Solutions we are committed to give our
qualified candidates the utmost attention and highly professional
representation with the decision-makers at our client. - provided
Keywords: Almaz Solutions, Spartanburg , Manager, Application Development, Executive , Spartanburg, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!