Hard Surface Product Manager
Company: Milliken & Company
Posted on: October 10, 2019
Headquartered in Spartanburg, South Carolina, Milliken & Company is
a global, innovative, industrial diversified manufacturing company
that has been exploring, discovering, and creating ways to enhance
people s lives since 1865. With expertise across a breadth of
disciplines including specialty chemical, floor covering, and
performance materials, the company works around the world every day
to add true value to people s lives, improve health and safety, and
help make our world more sustainable. Milliken has long led the way
for "knowledge-based" investment, employing over 100 PhDs, and has
accumulated over 2,200 U.S. patents and more than 5,000 patents
worldwide. Milliken is widely acknowledged as an international
leader in research technology, innovation, and customer service.
With over 35 manufacturing facilities located in the U.S., U.K.,
Belgium, France, China, India, Mexico, and Australia, and other
sales and service operations throughout the Americas, Europe and
Asia, Milliken's more than 7,000 associates work to deliver
innovations that do good for the world, create new experiences, and
build for the future.
The Hard Surface Product Manager is responsible for creating and
communicating strategy for hard surface products that connect to
the overall Milliken modular platform approach. The position will
work with R&D, Product Development, Sourcing, Supply Chain
Partners, Marketing, Director of Resilient Sales and provide
functional support to our global business to insure we present
market leading products that support our goal of profitable growth
in modular products. The Product Manager for Resilient/ Hard
Surfaces will also be responsible for understanding and driving
market insights to insure all training, communications,
specifications are both consistent on a global platform, and
locally relevant to the markets in which we participate. The
candidate should possess experience in multiple segments, including
work space, hospitality, retail, institutional, government and
others as appropriate.
The overriding financial goal of this position is to drive
resilient sales from 8% to 25% of Milliken's net sales by 2025
while maintaining accreditive profitability within the Floor
The right candidate must possess the ability to understand the
complete manufacturing process; assessing, prioritizing, navigating
and quickly adapting to complex situations to resolve issues.
Strong listening and communication skills will be used to identify
customer needs and deliver product and program solutions in a
* Responsible for the development of product plans with Milliken
Product Development and vendor partners
* Responsible for the market understanding and future casting the
connection of research and development through product development
to insure Milliken is leading in design, product platform and
* Responsible for creating a comprehensive competitor's profile
(product, innovation, pricing, service, supply chain,
manufacturing, financial review, etc.)
* Responsible for working with marketing to insure best in class
communication and support tools
* Responsible for all relevant communications, to all departments
on a timely basis.
* Responsible to build training platforms that connect to
Milliken's differentiated value propositions while promoting
competitive advantages of Milliken hard surface products and
* Required to travel as needed.
3+ years relevant experience
Bachelor's Degree or MBA preferred
Ability to work with Power Point, Excel, SAP and Salesforce.com
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to take direction and work unsupervised with successful
* Must be able to quickly adapt to unforeseen circumstances while
taking a project from concept to completion.
* Must possess strong interpersonal skills and work within a team
* Must be comfortable interacting with a wide variety of customers
while developing deep and profound understanding of their business
and the space they operate in.
* Knowledge of quality standards on inspection floor, and
comfortable discussing with manufacturing, vendors and executive
* Knowledge of how to fix problems or create iterative strategies,
after trial runs and color verifications
* Ability to present ideas to internal and external customers -
color trends, design trends, sales trends and related materials.
Example, hard surface LVT & sheet vinyls.
* Ability to work with suppliers on collaborations as consultant
* Ability to work intimately with Marketing department partners.
Example, marketing collateral, such as sample folders, color and
* Ability to work with production sample departments to correct
mistakes before production quantities are produced.
* Ability to partner with sales staff on presentations and large
projects as expert.
* Ability to travel, as required, including Asia and EMEIA offices
* Maintain precise records, files, design files, color separations,
* Maintain current marketing research collateral, web, publications
and competitive info.
Milliken & Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a
qualified individual with a disability.
Keywords: Milliken & Company, Spartanburg , Hard Surface Product Manager, Executive , Spartanburg, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!