Registered Nurse (RN) - CVRU (Cardiovascular Recovery) Critical Care
Company: Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System
Posted on: May 17, 2020
New graduates and experienced RN's are encouraged to apply.
Under general supervision, the Registered Nurse demonstrates
thorough knowledge of therapeutic patient care, patient advocacy,
clinical pathways/care maps, team dynamics, hospital systems, and
serves as a resource for the registered nurse and support staff.
Collaborates with leadership in developing and implementing the
Spartanburg Medical Center culture, Vision, Mission and goals.
It is the premise of the Professional Practice Program that each of
the key responsibilities builds on the preceding requirements.
This 10-bed Cardiovascular Recovery Unit (CVRU or CVICU) is for
patients recovering immediately after heart, lung and vascular
surgery. This unit functions mainly as an open-heart surgery
recovery unit, but there are occasional thoracic surgery patients.
Average daily census is 10 patients, and typical nurse to patient
ratio is 1:2, and 1:1 for open heart patients. This unit's focus is
enhanced recovery after surgery, and it strives to get patients off
ventilators and walking 2-4 hours after surgery. This dynamic team
is centered around following protocol and excellent teamwork.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Current R.N. licensure in the state of South Carolina
- BLS, ACLS, PALS/ENPC
- Minimum of two years of RN experience required.
- Preferred experience includes a background in one or more of
the following: Cath lab, cardiac, telemetry, critical care,
operating room, interventional radiology, ER, med/surg.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Collaborates with patients, families, and other members of the
health care team to determine patient priorities and treatments
- Initiates and facilitates interdisciplinary collaboration to
- Seeks necessary assistance in completing nursing interventions
to assure positive patient outcomes
- Participates in hourly rounding and bedside shift report
- Responsible for demonstrating competency for all new equipment
- Provides clinical guidance to students and ancillary staff
- Successfully completes hospital and unit-based orientation
- Formulates a plan for professional growth
- Ensures compliance with all clinical expectations regarding
- Identifies appropriate standards of care, and/or collaborative
clinical pathways to guide the plan of care
- Complies with established policies and procedures
- Identifies the need to develop or revise policies and
procedures pertaining to specialized patient populations and/or
unit and hospital-based practices
- Serves on unit-based committees
- Prioritizes nursing interventions for an assigned group of
- Assesses assigned patients' medical history, admitting
diagnosis and physician's orders, obtaining nursing history,
performing physical assessment, evaluating diagnostic data, and
interviewing patient and family to determine patient needs
- Demonstrates knowledge of professional nursing practice and
- Assures continuity of care through effective decision making
resulting in quality patient care
- Documents all aspects of patient care by following established
charting procedure to show the patient's progress or any change in
the patient's condition
- Other Duties as assigned
Keywords: Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System, Spartanburg , Registered Nurse (RN) - CVRU (Cardiovascular Recovery) Critical Care, Healthcare , Spartanburg, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!