Registered Nurse (RN) - Electrophysiology
Company: Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System
Posted on: August 27, 2020
Under general supervision, the Registered Nurse demonstrates
thorough knowledge of therapeutic patient care, patient advocacy,
clinical pathways/care maps, team dynamics, hospital systems, and
serves as a resource for the registered nurse and support staff.
Collaborates with leadership in developing and implementing the
Spartanburg Medical Center culture, Vision, Mission and goals.
It is the premise of the Professional Practice Program that each of
the key responsibilities builds on the preceding requirements.
Electrophysiology tests study the electrical activity of the heart.
Our electrophysiology team specializes in diagnosing and treating
heart failure and abnormal heart rhythms (arrhythmias).
Using advanced tools and technology, we help lessen symptoms of
heart conditions that people are born with or develop over
We offer the following electrophysiology procedures:
- CardioMEMS---, a heart failure monitoring system
- Implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD), including
biventricular ICDs and subcutaneous ICDS
- Loop recorder implantation
- Pacemakers, including biventricular pacemakers, leadless
pacemakers, lead extractions, lead placement and battery
In this role, the RN will be given extensive training due to the
level of expertise required. Census ranges between 6 to 36 cases a
day, average is about 11. Individuals who enjoy working in a
team-oriented environment with strong communication skills will do
well in this exciting and challenging role.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Current R.N. licensure in the state of South Carolina
- BLS, ACLS, PALS/ENPC
- Minimum of two years of RN experience required.
- Preferred experience includes a background in one or more of
the following: Cath lab, cardiac, telemetry, critical care,
operating room, interventional radiology, ER, med/surg.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Collaborates with patients, families, and other members of the
health care team to determine patient priorities and treatments
- Initiates and facilitates interdisciplinary collaboration to
- Seeks necessary assistance in completing nursing interventions
to assure positive patient outcomes
- Participates in hourly rounding and bedside shift report
- Responsible for demonstrating competency for all new equipment
- Provides clinical guidance to students and ancillary staff
- Successfully completes hospital and unit-based orientation
- Formulates a plan for professional growth
- Ensures compliance with all clinical expectations regarding
- Identifies appropriate standards of care, and/or collaborative
clinical pathways to guide the plan of care
- Complies with established policies and procedures
- Identifies the need to develop or revise policies and
procedures pertaining to specialized patient populations and/or
unit and hospital-based practices
- Serves on unit-based committees
- Prioritizes nursing interventions for an assigned group of
- Assesses assigned patients' medical history, admitting
diagnosis and physician's orders, obtaining nursing history,
performing physical assessment, evaluating diagnostic data, and
interviewing patient and family to determine patient needs
- Demonstrates knowledge of professional nursing practice and
- Assures continuity of care through effective decision making
resulting in quality patient care
- Documents all aspects of patient care by following established
charting procedure to show the patient's progress or any change in
the patient's condition
Other Duties as assigned
Keywords: Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System, Spartanburg , Registered Nurse (RN) - Electrophysiology, Healthcare , Spartanburg, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!