Caregiver/Personal Care Aide (PCA) (CNA)
Company: Legacy Healthcare Advantage
Posted on: July 31, 2022
Job Description Job: Caregiver/Personal Care Aide (PCA)
(CNA)Location: SPARTANBURG SC and surroundingDays &
Hours:(M-F)weekly compensation 12$-15$WORKING WITH LEGACY
HEALTHCARE ADVANTAGELegacy Healthcare Advantage is a Millennial
solution to the Healthcare Arena. We understand the obstacles,
stress, and worries that come along with finding that perfect
medical professional opportunity. We continuously build platforms
where medical professionals from all generations discover
remarkable opportunities which balance their life. From the CEO to
the CNA, our partnerships will maintain respect, trustworthiness,
and genuine compassion for all.As part of our growth and evolution
as a company, we are looking for Personal Care Aides to perform
non-medical services to meet the physical and emotional needs of
our clients. If you are driven by improving the lives of others and
would like to make a positive impact on clients' health, this could
be the perfect opportunity for you!THE "WHY" BEHIND A PERSONAL CARE
AIDEIf we can't take care of our essential every-day tasks, getting
help from the Personal Care Aides is the right idea – and you
shouldn't be ashamed of it.Personal Care Aides provides first-class
one-on-one service to elderly, mentally disabled, chronically ill,
or physically challenged clients (as well as hospice patients and
those in various stages of rehabilitation or recovery) so that they
may enjoy the warmth, independence, and relaxed comfort in their
homes.Also known as Caregivers, Personal Attendants, Homemakers, or
Companions, their goal is to enable the highest level of personal
independence and meaningful lives for their clients. Aides might
work at clients' homes, residential care or hospice facilities,
adult day care centers, or senior centers. They might visit several
clients a day or be assigned to one specific client. Shifts can
vary, but most Personal Care Aides are expected to work various
shifts including nights, weekends, and holidays.Beyond these basic
caregiver responsibilities, duties for caring for any client are
highly dependent on their special needs. No two people are alike
and no two caregiving jobs are alike either.Benefits include:
- Flexible schedule
- Less stressed environment
- Weekly compensationJOB SUMMARYUnder the direct supervision of a
Licensed Nurse, the Personal Care Aide will provide routine daily
nursing care, nutritional support and assistance with personal
hygiene to assigned clients in their homes. Highly focused on
helping clients live their best life possible, you will deliver
various non-medical care (medication administration, personal
hygiene, meal preparation, and other activities of daily living)
that will promote quality, continuity, and safety of clients in
their home.The ideal candidate will need to be compassionate and
caring, trustworthy and reliable. Along with observing clients,
reporting these observations and documenting observations as well
as the care performed, the Personal Care Aide will enhance the
lives of clients by providing companionship and respite services
for clients and family in accordance with an established plan of
careThis is an opportunity to make a real difference, one client at
a time.RESPONSIBILITIESHere is a general overview of what the role
is but keep in mind that this is neither exhaustive nor
- Under a supervising nurse, provides safe and effective nursing
and personal care to clients.
- Help our clients live their lives to the fullest by assisting
them with their routines throughout their day.
- Creates/maintains a physical and social environment consistent
with client's care needs.
- Personal Care: Performs personal hygiene tasks such as bathing,
grooming, oral hygiene, shampooing hair, finger and toenail care,
brushing teething, and shower assistance.
- Meal Preparation: Ensures clients display proper nutrition by
preparing meals in accordance with modified diets, including low
sugar, low fat, low salt and low residue diets.
- Light Housekeeping: Performs homemaking activities which
include (but are not limited to): vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or
mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry
and cleaning bathrooms.
- Medication: Supervises the self-administration of medications
by presenting medication to clients and observing ingestion or
other application, ensuring that medications are taken at the
- Transferring Clients: Helps clients walk including the use of
walkers and wheelchairs, transferring clients from chairs, from the
toilet, from bed, and to and from a vehicle.
- Record Keeping: Obtains and records client's vital signs
(temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiration rates), weight,
food and fluid intake and output. Maintains confidentiality of
- Companionship: Provides companionship and conversation; this
can be mutually beneficial if you enjoy each other's company. It is
a very important part of your job!
- Performs in crisis/emergency while maintaining a positive/calm
- Performs other related duties as required to achieve the goals
and objectives of Legacy Healthcare Advantage.WHAT WE'RE LOOKING
FORThe ideal candidate has the following:
- At least a High school graduate or G.E.D certificate.
- Achieves a minimum score of 80% on competency exam (Home Health
- Ability to deliver excellent customer service to the residents
and their family members.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, take initiative and
make independent decisions.
- Familiarity with hospital health, safety, and sanitation
standards and procedures.
- Understanding of confidentiality obligations and nursing best
- Demonstrate empathy, caring and self-confidence; ability to pay
attention to details, resulting in thorough follow-through.PERSONAL
ATTRIBUTES AND ATTITUDEWe would love to hear from you if you can
demonstrate the following:
- Passion to serve others - a true caregiver.
- A professional, enthusiastic, and friendly attitude at the
first point of contact with clients.
- Patience, tact, cheerful disposition, and enthusiasm as well as
willingness to handle difficult clients.
- High level of interpersonal, communication (oral and written),
organizational, and time management skills.
- Able to understand people's reactions.WHY WORK WITH US?
- Supportive, high-achieving, and professional team within a
stable and growing organization
- A supportive culture that values work-life balance
- Professional and Leadership Training and advancement
- Competitive starting pay and benefits
- An innovative and effective approach to care
- Excellent company cultureCOMPENSATION
- Weekly compensationBENEFITS
- Full Health Insurance – including coverage for expenses health
insurance doesn't cover; insurance plan that covers costs above and
beyond traditional health insurance policies.
- An account with MeMD™ from Aflac.
- Access to a 24/7 doctor via telemedicine.
- On-demand access to a board-certified, U.S.-licensed medical
provider from almost any location.
- Get a confidential diagnosis, along with a personalized
treatment plan, including prescriptions for common medications
using your phone or computer.
- Treatment for abrasions, bruises, minor headaches, arthritic
pains, allergies, hives, skin infections, bites and stings, colds,
fever, sore throat, cough, congestion, diarrhea, vomiting, nausea,
urinary tract infections, eye infections, conjunctivitis, and body
- First Sun Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Unlimited consultation regarding, but not limited to, co-worker
relationships, discrimination and harassment, burnout, business
travel, job insecurity and workplace change information.
- Unlimited consultation services to assist with planning for or
responding to sudden or traumatic events such as workplace
violence, robbery or death.
- Counseling regarding, but not limited to, relationship issues,
stress, coping with change, grief and loss, family and marital
issues, adjustment disorder, depression, anxiety and domestic
- Coaching and counseling regarding, but not limited to, drug and
alcohol use, mandated referrals, drugfree workplace issues, eating
disorders and gambling.
- Confidential household money management consultation on issues
such as reorganizing the family budget, dealing with a financial
crisis, or becoming a more informed consumer.
- On-demand access to digitally delivered content, tools and
support address concerns such as depression, anxiety, job stress,
work conflict and worklife balance.
- Free legal consultations available telephonically or in-person;
Consultation services are provided by licensed attorneys.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Critical illness insurance
- Cancer/Specified-Disease insurance
- Accident insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time offSENIORITY LEVELEntry-levelEMPLOYMENT
TYPEFull-timeEOE STATEMENTWe are an equal employment opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any
other characteristic protected by law.Powered by
Keywords: Legacy Healthcare Advantage, Spartanburg , Caregiver/Personal Care Aide (PCA) (CNA), Healthcare , Spartanburg, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!