RN- Emergency Dept Nights
Company: Rutherford Regional Health System
Posted on: September 17, 2023
Rutherford Regional Health System is a 143-bed acute care
facility that offers a broad array of inpatient and outpatient
care. Rutherford Regional is dedicated to providing patients with a
full range of services to meet their healthcare needs.-- We provide
our services in a caring, professional environment through the
teamwork of our medical staff and employees.Rutherford Regional
Health System's partnership with Duke LifePoint Healthcare is
bringing the pieces together to transform healthcare in Rutherford
County. Duke LifePoint Healthcare is a joint venture of Duke
University Health System, one of the country's leading academic
health systems, and LifePoint Health, a leading healthcare company
dedicated to Making Communities Healthier. These two forces joined
because of the shared interest in collaborating with hospitals,
healthcare providers and patients to bring high quality, innovative
healthcare services to communities. Duke LifePoint combines Duke's
unparalleled expertise in clinical excellence and quality care with
LifePoint's extensive resources and knowledge and experience
operating community hospitals and healthcare
- Triage training, recognition of critical presentation i.e.
stroke, chest pain. Use of green/red bags.
- Medication reconciliation training and understanding.
- IV starts and blood collection.
- Patient/family care needs and/or problems are promptly
identified and addressed. Patients are regularly assessed and
reassessed. Patient responses to nursing and MD interventions and
treatments are evaluated and documented in the ongoing assessment
- Utilizing an interdisciplinary approach, initiates discharge
planning to meet the discharge care needs of each individual
- Provides patient and family education in regard to the
hospitalization/admission, medications, and/or in preparation for
discharge. Upon discharge, provides appropriate discharge
instructions to include follow-up and referral needs.
- Uses safe medication practices (Read Back, double checks) and
documents outcomes such as patient response to new medication, side
effects and adverse reactions. Completes medication reconciliation
upon admission, transfer and discharge.
- Assists with orientation and training of others as
- Associate's Degree in Nursing required
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing preferredRequired Skills:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) within 3 months of
hire or transfer
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) within 3 months of hire
- Handle with care within 4 months of hireLicenses:--Current RN
license to practice in NC (NC licensure or multi-state (compact)
license).Minimum Work Experience:--1-3 years, Recent acute care
experience within past 3 years preferred.--Benefits - Wide range of
benefits options!Here at Rutherford Regional, you choose your own
Medical, Dental, and Vision plans from a variety of competitive
options that give you the coverage that best fits your needs.
- 401(K) retirement plan contributions
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Accident & Critical Illness Insurance
- Prescription Assistance with OptumRx
- Income protection programs for the entire family such as life
insurance, Short/Long-term Disability, and Identity Theft.
- Employee Assistance program at no cost to you to provide
emotional, legal, financial, and daily life support for your entire
household. Services are available 24 hrs. a day, 7 days a
- Free travel and entertainment discount program to ensure you
enjoy your time away from work.
- Vitality Employee Wellness Plan allows you to take up to 30%
off of your bi-weekly health insurance premiums. You also accrue
points which allows you to buy merchandise or gift cards at no cost
to you.Why join our team?We are dedicated to providing patients
with a full range of services to meet their healthcare needs, and
we believe our employees are our most valuable assets in
accomplishing this goal. Rutherford Regional is growing its team of
dedicated health care professionals. If you are looking to start
a--career that cares, are passionate about changing lives, and
ready to work in a supportive environment in a close-knit
community, apply today!Equal opportunity and affirmative action
employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for
employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected VeteranEqual
opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for
diversity in candidates for employment:
Keywords: Rutherford Regional Health System, Spartanburg , RN- Emergency Dept Nights, Healthcare , Rutherfordton, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!