Registered Nurse (RN)- Birthplace, PRN
Company: Rutherford Regional Health System
Posted on: February 7, 2024
Description - ExternalTo render professional nursing care to a
group of assigned patients within the hospital. Collaborates with
the medical staff and other members of the health care team to
provide quality patient care. Performs all activities in accordance
with approved policies and guides. Supervises and delegates
appropriate duties to ancillary personnel.Company
Description:Rutherford Regional Health System is a 143-bed acute
care facility that offers a broad array of inpatient and outpatient
care. Rutherford Regional is dedicated to providing patients with a
full range of services to meet their healthcare needs. - We provide
our services in a caring, professional environment through the
teamwork of our medical staff and employees.Rutherford Regional
Health System's partnership with Duke LifePoint Healthcare is
bringing the pieces together to transform healthcare in Rutherford
County. Duke LifePoint Healthcare is a joint venture of Duke
University Health System, one of the country's leading academic
health systems, and LifePoint Health, a leading healthcare company
dedicated to Making Communities Healthier. These two forces joined
because of the shared interest in collaborating with hospitals,
healthcare providers and patients to bring high quality, innovative
healthcare services to communities. Duke LifePoint combines Duke's
unparalleled expertise in clinical excellence and quality care with
LifePoint's extensive resources and knowledge and experience
operating community hospitals and healthcare
- Communicates with multidisciplinary team members by sharing
pertinent patient data and needs. Provides accurate and timely
handoff communications. Keeps patients and their families informed
about their care.
- Establishes individualized nursing diagnosis based on
assessment data and formulates care plan. Collaborates with patient
and family members to address care needs and provide patient
centered care. Adjusts plan of care appropriately.
- Patient/family care needs and/or problems are promptly
identified and addressed. Patients are regularly assessed and
reassessed. Patient responses to nursing and MD interventions and
treatments are evaluated and documented in the ongoing assessment
- Utilizing an interdisciplinary approach, initiates discharge
planning to meet the discharge care needs of each individual
- Provides patient and family education in regard to the
hospitalization/admission, medications, and/or in preparation for
discharge. Upon discharge, provides appropriate discharge
instructions to include follow-up and referral needs.
- Uses safe medication practices (Read Back, double checks) and
documents outcomes such as patient response to new medication, side
effects and adverse reactions. Completes medication reconciliation
upon admission, transfer and discharge.Demonstrates ability to:
- care for patient with Mag sulfate for preeclampsia/preterm
- care for patient with Pitocin Induction/augmentation.
- care for the patient with a fetal demise.
- care for the patient during labor and delivery.
- care for a post-operative cesarean section.
- care for the infant requiring oxygen.
- care for the infant with IV/Antibiotics.
- care for the infant requiring phototherapy.
- evaluate non stress test.
- assist physician with intrauterine pressure catheter
- assist with and care for the infant with circumcision.
- care for the preterm infant.
- perform car seat test.
- Demonstrates placement of NG tube/NG feeding.
- Assists with orientation and training of others as
- Employee supervises others.
- Initiates and maintains amnio infusion.
Qualifications - ExternalMinimum Education
- Associate's Degree in Nursing Required
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing Preferred - -Required Skills
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
appropriate action. - -Required Certifications:
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Handle With Care -
- PALS -
- ACLS -
- NRP -
- Fetal monitoring -
- STABLE- preferred -Licenses:
- Current RN license to practice in NC (NC licensure or
multi-state (compact) license). -Minimum Work Experience
- -1-3 years preferred and recent acute care experience within
past 3 years preferred.
- L&D experience required -
Equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking
for diversity in candidates for employment:
Keywords: Rutherford Regional Health System, Spartanburg , Registered Nurse (RN)- Birthplace, PRN, Healthcare , Rutherfordton, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!