Licensed Practical Nurse, Worksites
Company: Medexpress Urgent Care
Posted on: December 8, 2018
General Position Description:The LPN is responsible for ensuring the well-being of patients and providing a positive, supportive environment for patients and other staff while working in conjunction with physicians, advanced practitioners, front office and clinical staff.?MedExpress Core Responsibilities:
- Has a contagious and positive work ethic, inspires others and models the behaviors of Genuine, Caring and Friendly.
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communications that are clear, well-organized and demonstrate an understanding of audience needs.
- Utilizes genuine and positive communication to make each customer feel informed, understood and special.
- An effective team member who contributes valuable ideas and feedback and can be counted on to meet commitments.
- Is able to keep up in the MedExpress environment by facing tasks and challenges with energy and passion.
- Pursues activities with focus and drive, defines work in terms of success and can be counted on to complete goals.
- Adherence to standards of business conduct and compliance.?Principal Duties and Responsibilities:Patient Care:
- Assesses, screens, triages and performs treatments ordered for patients.
- Performs medical treatments as ordered by provider or established MedExpress standing orders.
- Assists the provider with examinations, procedures and other duties.
- Oversees and coordinates the daily patient care flow; assists and participates in all aspects of patient care for all patients within the center.
- Assists patients as needed with walking, transfer, specimen collection, exam preparation, etc.
- Applies the use of logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions and approaches to problems.
- Prioritizes and multitasks to optimize patient experience.
- Ensures the well-being of patients and provides a positive, supportive environment for patients and other staff.
- Completes patient referrals daily.
- Assists the provider with calling patients and informing them of normal lab and imaging results reviewed by the provider.
- Proper, concise and complete EMR documentation and paper based documentation for all assessments and procedures.
- Complies with and follows policies and procedures as outlined by MedExpress.
- Maintains HIPAA at all times.
- Performs biometric visits including testing, documentation and patient education of at risk biometrics.
- Other duties as assigned such as new models of care and new types of procedures, etc.?Learning and Ongoing Education:
- Maintains skills and competency for all procedures.
- Maintains technical skills and applies new knowledge to position according to MedExpress policy.
- Maintains knowledge of Medical Terminology and standards of nursing care.
- Maintains knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
- Reads and keeps up-to-date on all ME Communications.
- Completes all assigned training.?Center Readiness and Maintenance:
- Assists in maintaining all quality control, clinic inspection and machine maintenance on a daily basis and reports any and all discrepancies appropriately.
- Manages inventory of supplies; restocks exam/procedure rooms.
- Complies with requirements of appropriate regulatory agencies (i.e. OSHA, CLIA and Department of Health).
- Maintains and complies with all MedExpress, Optum and Urgent Care Accreditation site assessment requirements.
- Maintains clinical supplies and equipment and ensures proper storage of biohazards.
- Prepares patient rooms; sets up instruments and equipment according to protocol.
- Cleans exam/procedure rooms, instruments and equipment between patient visits to maintain infection control.
- Cleans according to scheduled maintenance program and keeping appropriate records.
- Capability to participate in obtaining and maintaining patient-centered medical home accreditation to include, but not limited to, developing and implementing a quality improvement program, establishing and coordinating exchange of relevant patient information within the guidelines of HIPPA with local healthcare organizations and obtaining and analyzing performance data.
- Participates in quality improvement projects to include the following topics: patient/primary care provider relationship, accessibility to care, comprehensiveness of care, continuity and/or coordination of care and clinical study.?Working Relationships:
- Worksite clinical team members including providers and non-providers.
- Worksite Administrative clinical partners.
- External care services within vicinity of worksite.? Associated topics: hemodialysis, licensed, licensed practical, licensed vocational, licensed vocational nurse, nurse ii, nurses, practical, practical nurse, vocational
Keywords: Medexpress Urgent Care, Spartanburg , Licensed Practical Nurse, Worksites, Healthcare , Spartanburg, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!