Regulatory SAP EHS Data Specialist
Company: Milliken & Company
Posted on: September 8, 2020
Headquartered in Spartanburg, South Carolina, Milliken & Company
is a global, innovative, industrial diversified manufacturing
company that has been exploring, discovering, and creating ways to
enhance people s lives since 1865. With expertise across a breadth
of disciplines including specialty chemical, floor covering, and
performance materials, the company works around the world every day
to add true value to people s lives, improve health and safety, and
help make our world more sustainable. Milliken has long led the way
for "knowledge-based" investment, employing over 100 PhDs, and has
accumulated over 2,200 U.S. patents and more than 5,000 patents
worldwide. Milliken is widely acknowledged as an international
leader in research technology, innovation, and customer service.
With over 35 manufacturing facilities located in the U.S., U.K.,
Belgium, France, China, India, Mexico, and Australia, and other
sales and service operations throughout the Americas, Europe and
Asia, Milliken's more than 7,000 associates work to deliver
innovations that do good for the world, create new experiences, and
build for the future.
Job Title: Regulatory SAP EHS Data Specialist
Job Summary: This position will support the Regulatory group in our
Chemical Division and will currently report to the Director of
Regulatory Affairs. You will be responsible for a variety of SAP
EHS projects and responsibilities as it pertains to chemical
regulatory compliance. This position is located at our Corporate
Headquarters in Spartanburg, SC.
* Ensure global regulatory compliance for Milliken Chemical
products. This includes registration of products, shipment of
products and development /maintenance of safety information
provided for products.
* Manage the EHS module of SAP which includes generation of labels
and Safety Data Sheets (SDSs), storage of chemical compositions and
substance volume tracking for compliance purposes.
* Provide responses to customer inquiries on chemical regulatory
* Project Manager for SAP EHS project implementation including
those where external contractors and consultants are utilized to
implement compliance projects in the module.
* Assist IS with the quarterly update process for SAP EHS, which
includes running new Expert rules and updating data as needed.
* Become proficient in the SAP tools and transactions to pull and
build data queries as needed.
* Manage the EHS product label process for the division within the
boundaries of SAP understanding capabilities for specific country
requirements and customer requests for private label
* Evaluating substance changes on raw materials and products and
implementing the changes and generation of SDS, as needed.
* Substance Volume Tracking (SVT) maintenance and monitoring,
including loading/updating data, performing validation checks for
system accuracy, managing country-specific blocks to ensure product
registration compliance, and communicating issues with stakeholders
across the supply chain.
* Development / update training documentation as needed to maintain
* Loading and updating SAP EHS with new information from our data
provider. Evaluating changes prior to implementation to understand
global impact as well as any issues that may arise. Work with the
product stewardship team to develop communications for customers
and stake holders before implementing changes.
* Loading raw materials specifications, physchem data, running
Expert rules to get plant EHS info for a variety of reporting
* Building, loading and updating Dangerous Goods (DG) specification
data, building DG relationships and tying data to MMR and the BOM
for DG management.
* Support the plants and warehouses as label and DG questions
Keys for Success:
* Attention to detail
* Competency with SAP
* Critical thinking, reading comprehension, and problem-solving
* Strong communication skills, written and verbal
* Competent with Microsoft products
The successful candidate will possess the following experience and
* Minimum bachelor's degree chemistry or related technical
* Minimum of three years of experience in Chemical Regulatory, EHS,
SAP, or a Milliken facility in a technical role
* Strong communication, teamwork and organizational skills
* Ability to work with people at all levels of the organization
* Self-starter, motivated
* Project management experience
* Ability to travel up to 5-10% (local facilities and international
* Ability to work nonstandard work hours when needed for certain IS
updates (infrequent, 2 - 4 times/year)
* Experience with the SAP EHS module for generating Safety Data
Sheets and managing various compliance processes within SAP EHS
such as SVT, TSCA 12B notifications, GHS classification updates and
* Experience in global dangerous good classification regulations,
packaging requirements, and exceptions.
By combining science with design and insights, Milliken tackles the
issues and concerns of today. Every day, our community of
innovators is invigorated by the challenge of finding creative ways
to enhance people's lives and make the world around us easier,
safer, more sustainable and more beautiful.
Milliken & Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a
qualified individual with a disability
Keywords: Milliken & Company, Spartanburg , Regulatory SAP EHS Data Specialist, IT / Software / Systems , Spartanburg, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!