Business Intelligence (BI) Team Lead
Company: Milliken & Company
Posted on: January 12, 2020
Headquartered in Spartanburg, South Carolina, Milliken & Company is
a global, innovative, industrial diversified manufacturing company
that has been exploring, discovering, and creating ways to enhance
people s lives since 1865. With expertise across a breadth of
disciplines including specialty chemical, floor covering, and
performance materials, the company works around the world every day
to add true value to people s lives, improve health and safety, and
help make our world more sustainable. Milliken has long led the way
for "knowledge-based" investment, employing over 100 PhDs, and has
accumulated over 2,200 U.S. patents and more than 5,000 patents
worldwide. Milliken is widely acknowledged as an international
leader in research technology, innovation, and customer service.
With over 35 manufacturing facilities located in the U.S., U.K.,
Belgium, France, China, India, Mexico, and Australia, and other
sales and service operations throughout the Americas, Europe and
Asia, Milliken's more than 7,000 associates work to deliver
innovations that do good for the world, create new experiences, and
build for the future.
We are in search of a dynamic leader of our BI team to contribute
to Milliken's digital transformation. The person in this role will
be responsible for setting the strategy and vision for the BI team,
as well as overseeing tactical operations. They will be responsible
for data preparation, data warehousing, reporting, analytics, data
exploration, and information delivery. The role will lead the team
by establishing and executing a vision for the delivery of
information and analytics platforms to the business's key
stakeholders. This position will be ultimately responsible for
helping transform the company into a business that truly
differentiates and competes on analytics. The position is located
at Milliken's corporate headquarters in Spartanburg, SC.
* A degree in computer science, mathematics, operations,
management, or a related field
* A minimum of 5 years experience in leading a BI team
* Collaborate with developers, project managers, business analysts,
and business users in developing new BI solutions including BW
models and SAP Analytics Cloud visualizations.
* Define the approach, project scope, schedule, requirements and
deliverables for Data Science efforts.
* Contribute to overall architecture and design
* Interpreting data, analyzing results using statistical
* Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
* Proven working experience as a data analyst or business data
* Technical expertise regarding data models, database design
development, data mining and segmentation techniques
* Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting packages
* Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages
for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc)
* Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize,
analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with
attention to detail and accuracy
* Solid understanding of key BI trends
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent presentation skills
* Experience managing complex BI projects and teams.
* Experience with SAP BW and SAP Analytics cloud preferred
Milliken & Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a
qualified individual with a disability.
Keywords: Milliken & Company, Spartanburg , Business Intelligence (BI) Team Lead, Other , Spartanburg, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!