Regulatory Relations Specialist
Company: Advance America
Posted on: May 22, 2020
Address : 135 N Church Street , Spartanburg , South Carolina ,
United States - 29306
Purpose Financial, Inc. is an innovative consumer financial
services company that offers a diverse suite of credit products,
promoting financial inclusion and meeting consumers wherever they
are. Through its brands, the company is committed to helping
customers achieve their version of financial stability in the
moment and in the future. Since 1997, Purpose Financial has been a
pioneer in the consumer credit and financial services market, with
more than 5,000 employees in over 1,800 storefronts and offices
across 28 states.
At Purpose Financial we are always on the lookout for motivated
individuals who share in our values of mutual respect to join our
team of outstanding professionals.
- Competitive Wages
- Life/Health Benefits
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Educational Assistance
- Paid Vacation/Holidays
- Employee Discounts
- Work-life Balance
- Business Casual Environment
- Paid Volunteer time off
- Rewards and Recognition Program
To learn more about Purpose Financial visit Purpose Financial
The Regulatory Relations Specialists report to the Regulatory
Relations Manager and are responsible for reviewing and responding
to regulatory examination reports completed by state regulators.
Regulatory Relations Specialists may perform other duties as needed
- Provides support to Regulatory Relations Manager and team
members in completion of special projects.
- Supports the Regulatory Relations Manager and Compliance
Engineers in developing enhancements to internal controls that
address deficiencies and partner with appropriate departments to
complete any applicable corrective actions.
- Summarize and prepare reports that communicate state
examination activity for internal and external customers.
- Receives, research, document, respond to state regulatory
examination reports in a timely manner.
- Coordinate meetings and conference calls with state auditors,
internal personnel, center team members, and field management as
- Coordinate shipping of state audit responses and documents to
- Record and update the results of state examination reports and
responses in internal database.
- Maintain all documentation according to Regulatory department
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Adheres to all points of the creed.
Education Level Required: Bachelor's Degree in Business
Administration or related field. However, Paralegal Certificate,
other equivalent education, and experience may be combined in lieu
of degree requirement.
Experience Required: A minimum of one year of related experience in
a comparable role is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills needed to
communicate in person, by phone, and through email.
- Adaptability and flexibility to changing environment.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, high volume, fast-paced
- Ability to read, write, evaluate, attention to detail, and
- Ability to interact professionally and exhibit appropriate
- Ability to understand and ensure compliance with policies,
procedures, and laws governing our industry/business and
- Ability to develop and maintain business
- Ability to perform legal research.
- Ability to quickly learn company policy and industry best
- Ability to perceive and initiate independent actions.
- Ability to quickly learn and utilize technology related to the
role and possess advanced data processing/software skills.
- Ability to prioritize, work under pressure with changing
deadlines and priorities.
Physical Requirements: Sitting for long periods of time; standing
occasionally; walking; bending; squatting; kneeling;
pushing/pulling; reaching; twisting; frequent lifting of less than
10 lbs., occasional lifting of up to 20 lbs.; typing; data entry;
grasping; transferring items between hands and/or to another person
or receptacle; use of office equipment to include computers;
ability to travel to, be physically present at, and complete the
physical requirements of the position at any assigned location.
Travel: 0 - 5%
Attire: Business Casual
Must be eligible to work in the USA and able to pass all
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, or disability.
Requisition ID: 2908
Nearest Major Market: Spartanburg
Nearest Secondary Market: South Carolina
Apply now --
Keywords: Advance America, Spartanburg , Regulatory Relations Specialist, Other , Spartanburg, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!