Diesel Maintenance Tech (Mobile)
1st Shift M-F
8:00am - 4:30pm
Apply Now to Qulaify for a Sign on Bonus
The Diesel Maintenance Tech (Mobile), located in Anderson
County, SC, is responsible for repairing and maintaining all medium
to heavy duty customer vehicles and equipment which includes
routinely performing preventative maintenance and corrective
maintenance to ensure efficient vehicle operations. The Diesel
Maintenance Tech (Mobile) will operate a company owned service
vehicle to visit customers and conduct service repairs onsite.
Service repairs may include but are not limited to equipment such
as forklifts, trailers and tractors. Diesel Maintenance Techs
(Mobile) will also be responsible for making road calls as needed.
The duties for the Diesel Maintenance Tech (Mobile) will be
performed independently, with little to no supervision. Diesel
Maintenance Tech (Mobile) will also be responsible for mentoring
Diesel Maintenance Techs (C), as needed. Must be equipped with
personal tool box.
Basic knowledge and understanding of repairing or replacing all
structural, body and mechanic parts of a trailer.Must be proficient
with brakes, drivelines, and mechanical engine components on
tractors. Strong electrical experience with the ability to diagnose
& repair all electrical systems, up to and including emission and
engine components. Must possess basic computer entry (PC)
* 3 years previous experience in heavy duty trailer maintenance
or 3-5 years verifiable experience in heavy duty trailer
* DOT Brake/Annual inspector certified.
* Basic welding and metal fabrication skills.
* Diagnose and repair After Treatment
* Proficient in electrical and diagnostics/troubleshooting
* Diagnose and repair ABS and air brake systems.
* Must complete all required paperwork, adhere to and maintain a
high level of housekeeping.
* Ability to maintain parts inventory process.
* Basic computer skills.
* Basic truck driving skills.
* Operate with minimal supervision.
* Professional/appropriate interaction with internal & external
* Adhere to all Red Classic safety guidelines
* Must be at least 21 years old
* DOT Brake/Annual Inspection certification
* High school diploma or equivalency required
* Clean driving record
* Must have valid driver's license
* No more than two moving violations (e.g. speeding, failure to
yield, failure to stop, violating a traffic signal, etc.) during
the previous three years
* No more than one accident in the previous three years
* No escalated moving violations in the last 7 years
The ideal candidate should meet the following criteria:
* Diesel trade school diploma plus three (3) to five(5) years
previous experience in heavy duty truck maintenance, or
* Five (5) or more years verifiable experience in heavy duty
* CDL (A or B)or ability to obtain within ninety (90) days of
* Competitive pay based on years of experience
* Career Advancement Opportunities
* Paid Weekly/ Direct Deposit
* Vacation & Holiday Pay
* Annual Safety Bonus Opportunity
* Outstanding Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits (Eligible after 90
Red Classic is an Equal Opportunity Employer