Sr. Product Engineer - Injection Molded Parts - Automotive
Company: Affinity Executive Search
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Our client is a large World Class Tier I automotive supplier
with over 6,000 employees. This successful company is in the
process of filling a Sr. Product Engineer position at their plant
located in the Spartanburg, SC area. The successful candidate will
have 5 years experience working as a Plastics Injection Molding
Product Engineer or similar within a high paced Tier I Automotive
The Sr. Product Engineer is responsible for:
* The design and development of a product/product family
* Ensures efficient production procedures, material utilization,
* Arrange product testing for quality assurance purposes and
recommends changes to product or product specifications as
* Responsible to develop the product from the concept through the
SOP on a limited basis (if it is a BTP, Built To Print) or as a
full development as an FSS, Full Service Supplier
* Will receive and process changes required by clients, released on
production and through development process
* May develop, uncover, characterize and assess strategic new
products and/or product extensions
* Transform and adopt discoveries to ensure research and
development activities will maintain the organizations competitive
* BS/BA required
* Requires 5-10 years of experience
* Experienced with injection molding part and design development.
Knowledge of product design best practices and guidelines.
Familiar with molding process and parameters.
Knowledge of flooring and acoustic products or compression/thermal
Knowledge of GD&T set up for new product and ability to read
and understand existing layouts.
Able to provide direction and guidance on 2D drawing
Understands OEM develop process and deliverables, including
completion of necessary documentation.
Experience in design development, able to provide design direction
and evaluate design for tooling and manufacturing feasibility.
Capable of clear and concise communication of technical issues.
Able to provide support at internal and customer manufacturing
locations as necessary.
Familiar with Microsoft programs and web based applications
Product launch experience.
Keywords: Affinity Executive Search, Spartanburg , Sr. Product Engineer - Injection Molded Parts - Automotive, Other , Spartanburg, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!