Company: Johnson Controls, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
What you will do
Install, configure, commission and service fire sprinkler
How you will do it
- Train or mentor others on the installation team.
- Execute projects on time and within allocated installation
- Work with the project team to resolve all discrepancies, and
coordination problems that impair installation activities.
- Must be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Read and interpret complicated blueprints, diagrams,
submittals, specifications software/systems, programs, schematics
and operational product manuals.
- Coordinate the installation activities with all trades to
optimize installation time.
- Attend all required site meetings.
- Instruct and train customers on functional operation of the
- Conduct simulations and answer questions.
- Exhibit excellent customer service skills by consistently
communicating with the district staff and customers to ensure
- Complete project documentation in a timely manner.
- Adhere to all OSHA and Johnson Controls Fire Protection safety
policies and procedures.
- Participate in a scheduled On-call rotation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What we look for
4 years documented experience in low voltage electrical systems,
including Fire/Life Safety systems, Access Control, Nurse Call, and
Experience in reading and interpreting blueprints, submittals,
and operational/product manuals. Experience with hand tools test
equipment, multi-meter usage, digital analyzer and commissioning
High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and
moving equipment and tools up to 50-70 lbs.
Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult position such as
climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40
feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc
Ability to work flexible hours including weekends to meet
Overnight travel may be required.
Demonstrate a high level of customer service.
Ability to lead & work well with team members.
Ability to adhere to, implement, and follow safety guidelines
and procedures at all times.
Strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability
to learn quickly.
Possess a valid driver's license and driving record that meets
Able to pass a pre-employment background and drug test.
Able to obtain and retain any licenses that are required by
National, State and Local codes.
- NICET Level II certification or ability to obtain within two
years of employment.
What else you'll get
Supportive team environment and add to that a competitive
salary, best in class benefits package starting on day 1, which
includes medical, dental & vision, 401(k), tuition reimbursement,
paid time off and career growth opportunities.
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment
opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected
veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified
individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected
by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you
are an individual with a disability and you require an
accommodation during the application process, please visit
www.johnsoncontrols.com/careersou require an accommodation during
the application process, please visit
Keywords: Johnson Controls, Inc., Spartanburg , Sprinkler Installer, Other , Spartanburg, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!