Plant Engineering & Maintenance Manager
Company: Johns Manville Corp
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Johns Manville in Spartanburg, SC is currently seeking a Plant
Engineering & Maintenance Manager to join our plant leadership
team! In our Spartanburg plant we produce a variety of polyester
reinforcement, filtration and specialty fabrics using
JM-proprietary Spunbond technology. As an internal supplier to JM's
Roofing Systems Group and several other commercial roofing
manufacturers, product lines can be found as a reinforcement in
modified bitumen roofing applications worldwide. The plant has
three active production lines, is registered under the
ISO-9001:2008 quality standards and operates on a 24/7 schedule
with approximately 100 JM employees.
The Plant Engineer/Maintenance Manager will provide hands on
management and overall leadership in troubleshooting, repairing and
maintaining all mechanical and electrical related functions,
equipment, systems, buildings and/or physical structures in a
manner that ensures the plant operates safely, effectively and
efficiently. This position will lead asset management,
replacements, and the overall capital plan.
Your Day to Day:
- Assists Production Superintendents on achieving annual
- Provides direction on all projects under plant control
including all capital expenditure projects.
- Supervise Plant Maintenance and Fire Protection Programs.
- Provide management and leadership to maintenance teams on a
24/7 basis to achieve safety, environmental, quality and production
- Sets direction and schedules resources accordingly.
- Manage PM and work order systems to drive equipment reliability
and continuous improvement through proactive maintenance.
- Plan and manage shutdown and turnaround activities.
- Interface and coordinate external contractors and vendors to
procure services and parts as necessary.
- Develop, implement, track, and communicate key maintenance
metrics to drive plant performance.
- Support safety training/programs of maintenance employees.
- Determine root cause and drive corrective action implementation
for mechanical/electrical issues.
- Develop, implement, and manage maintenance storeroom
- Assess work force technical skills and develop targeted
training to improve capabilities.
- Maintains coordinated purchasing/accounts payable/commitment
record system and controls all spending in Plant Engineering and
- Oversees maintenance and organization of storeroom, controlled
entry and computerized records and reorder system.
- Develops and manages capital and expense project spending plans
to implement the Business Strategies
- Formulates and controls maintenance budgets and resource
- Establishes an environment in the Engineering and Maintenance
areas that promotes safety, employee involvement, housekeeping,
communication, and the ideals embodied in the JM values
- Represents Johns Manville in dealings with services and
- Establishes and implements programs and resources to keep
Engineering and Maintenance personnel trained with current
technology to properly maintain and troubleshoot equipment
- Oversees housekeeping plan and procedures.
What You Bring to the Team:
Incumbent must be physically able to perform essential job
functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform essential job
Johns Manville (JM) offers a wide range of benefits to
employees. Some are subsidized by the company and others are fully
employee-paid. Health benefits include a choice of comprehensive
medical plans, a dental plan, vision plan, wellness program and
critical illness insurance. JM sponsors a 401(k) plan which
includes a sizeable company match. JM offers paid vacation and
provides paid sick and parental leave for eligible employees.
Additionally, Johns Manville provides basic life Insurance,
short-term and long-term disability coverage, an employee
assistance program, and business travel accident coverage.
Supplemental life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment
insurance are available as well. The company also offers a variety
of tax saving accounts, health spending account, traditional
flexible spending account, and a dependent care spending account.
JM also offers a tuition reimbursement program for undergraduate
and certain graduate programs.
Why Johns Manville
Johns Manville is a proud member of the Berkshire Hathaway
family of companies, serving customers in more than 80 countries,
supplying innovative products to the construction, aerospace,
automotive, filtration and energy industries. With a more than
160-year legacy, we understand that our story continues to grow
only with the right people saying, thinking, and doing the right
things. Make your story our story.
Johns Manville believes diversity and inclusion in our workplace
is critical for the long-term success of our company. We are
committed to retaining, developing, and attracting a diverse
workforce that fosters an inclusive work environment in which all
employees are treated with dignity and respect. This is the right
thing to do for our employees, our company, and our
Hear Our Employee Stories
You can find a playlist of employee story videos to choose from
Learn more at www.jm.com/careers and on LinkedIn, Facebook and
Johns Manville is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
for age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual
orientation, disability, protected veteran status or any other
status protected by applicable law.
Keywords: Johns Manville Corp, Spartanburg , Plant Engineering & Maintenance Manager, Other , Spartanburg, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!