Director of Nursing
Company: Peachtree Centre
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Peachtree Centre -
Join Our Team!
Peachtree Centre, a skilled nursing facility in Gaffney SC is
seeking a qualified Director of Nursing to manage the overall
operations of the Nursing Department in accordance with Company
policies, standards of nursing practices and governmental
regulations so as to maintain excellent care of all residents
Essential Job Functions;
This facility expects their employees to promote an
atmosphere of teamwork with other employees and hospitality and
comfort for its residents.Therefore, the following list of
duties is not all-inclusive:
- In the absence of the Administrator and Assistant Administrator
(if applicable), assume responsibility of the facility.
- Oversee the employee health program in cooperation with the
Medical Director and Staff Development Coordinator.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, evaluate and direct the
nursing services department, as well as its programs and
activities, in accordance with current rules, regulations, and
guidelines that govern the long-term care facility.
- Assume administrative authority, responsibility and
accountability for all functions, activities, and training of the
- Organize, develop, and direct the administration and resident
care of the nursing service department
- Participate in Department Supervisor Meetings, Resident Care
Plan Meetings, Budget Committee Meetings, Safety Committee
Meetings, Quality Assessment and Assurance Committee Meetings,
In-service Education, Family Council and any other meeting as
directed by the Administrator.
- Participate in coordination of resident services through
departmental and appropriate staff committee meetings.
- Interview, orient, train, evaluate and supervise nursing
- Make daily rounds of the nursing department to verify that all
nursing service personnel are performing their work assignments in
accordance with acceptable nursing standards.
- Provide that departmental disciplinary action is administered
fairly and without regard to race, color, creed, national origin,
age, sex, religion, disability, or marital status.
- Perform nursing services and deliver resident care services in
compliance with Corporate policies and State and Federal
- Inform state of any reportable incidents within appropriate
time frames. Complete investigative analysis as required.
- Monitor medication passes and treatment schedules to verify
that medications are being administered as ordered and that
treatments are provided as scheduled.
- Provide direct nursing care, as necessary.
- Regularly inspect the facility and nursing practices for
compliance with federal, state, and local standards and
- Study Infection Control Reports, Medication Incident Reports
and Resident Incident Reports for corrective action.
- Promote favorable working conditions and relationships with
administration, medical staff, consultants, other departments,
residents, family members, volunteers, agencies, and any other
individual or group affiliated with the facility.
- Review discharge summaries on a timely basis.
- Registered nurse in good standing with required
current state license.
- Significant technical experience and demonstrated
- Minimum two (2) years experience in geriatrics/long-term
- Restorative care philosophy, excellent professional skills
(both assessment and hands-on), and good communication and
- Working knowledge of long-term care regulations
- Relate positively and favorably to residents, families, and
government regulators, and to work cooperatively with other
employees at all levels.
- Relate to and work with the ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally
upset, and at times hostile people within the facility.
- Basic computer knowledge and ability to learn computer
- Function independently, and have flexibility, personal
integrity, and the ability to work effectively with residents,
personnel, and support agencies.
GREAT COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS!
Keywords: Peachtree Centre, Spartanburg , Director of Nursing, Other , Spartanburg, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!