Posted on: May 3, 2021
Needed Immediately: Field Service Technician
The Field Service Technician is responsible for all field related
tasks on new and existing equipment, to include startup and
commissioning, inspecting, servicing, repair, troubleshooting, and
optimization. Administratively, field technicians are responsible
for scheduling/coordination of travel requirements and the
completion of service documentation to include service and expense
reporting. Field Technicians are expected to be capable of working
with little to no supervision, and in some cases, under heavy time
constraints or adverse working conditions. The field service
technician, reporting directly to the field service manager, serves
as the link between the company and its customers/clients. Ideal
candidates should possess a motivated and professional attitude,
good problem-solving skills, and the ability to work with
- Coordination of travel to and from customer location.
- Start-up, calibration, and commissioning of new equipment.
- Training end users on the operation and maintenance of
- Servicing, troubleshooting, repairing, or retrofitting of
equipment / controls.
- Electrical / Instrumentation troubleshooting and repair.
- Completion of various service documentation and reports,
including the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Adobe
- Provide customer phone support as needed.
- Technician will support manufacturing when not performing field
- Minimum of High School Diploma
- Minimum 5 years' experience
- Successful candidate will have a strong technical background in
industrial machinery service.
- Be able to read and interpret technical specifications,
mechanical, and electrical drawings.
- Knowledge of PLC troubleshooting, including Allen Bradley,
Siemens and GE.
- Have the ability to perform all physical demands of the job and
to travel with short lead times.
- Work in conditions of climate, heat and/or cold, during
scheduled start up or warranty work in the field.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills and
be proficient with various software packages including Microsoft
Office Suite and Adobe.
- Municipal and/or industrial wastewater treatment equipment
and/or Textile equipment experience is a plus.
Term: 6 Months - Temp to Direct
Our client is looking to fill the Field Service
Technician position ASAP. If you are interested in hearing
more about this opportunity, contact Shelley
Keywords: Selectek, Spartanburg , Field Technician, Other , Spartanburg, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!