Company: Amedisys Home Health Services
Posted on: May 3, 2021
What You Will Do
Responsible for planning and directing the billing and office
support functions. This position directs administrative services
and operations for the care center including billing, purchasing,
human resources, communications systems, space utilization,
administrative support and mail services. This position coordinates
systems and procedures with medical records, data entry, claims
review, and personnel functions to ensure efficient operations.
- Ensures efficient, accurate, and timely operation of the
payroll function and compliance with payroll and timekeeping
- Ensures accurate and timely billing processes by reviewing
patient charts for compliance/accuracy with all billing
requirements before billing.
- Promotes compliance with all fiscal intermediary and/or other
third-party payors, through education, coaching, and other
assistance as necessary.
- Maintains current knowledge of, and ensures compliance with all
federal, state and local regulations in relation to billing
- May oversee and provide direction to the Records Coordinator to
ensure quality and accuracy of medical records information.
- May participate in screening, interviewing, and making
appropriate hiring decisions for Records Coordinator.
- May participate in Records Coordinator staff performance
appraisals/competency reviews as necessary and in compliance with
care center policies and procedures.
- Assists the Director in maintaining required information for
audits and licensure reviews including keeping policy and procedure
books and personnel records up-to-date.
- Performs various human resource functions in compliance with
care center policies and procedures.
- Accountable for ensuring compliance with all new and current
employee documentation required by Human Resources and regulatory
agencies for maintaining employment within the organization
including, but not limited to, I-9 compliance, professional
licensure, background checks and all other documents related to
- Ensures appropriate orientation is provided for all new
- Monitors systems, identifies problem areas, and develops and
implements action plans as necessary in relation to office
- Responsible for reconciliation of petty cash/expenses for care
- Processes Accounts Payables according to care center policies
- Monitors, controls, and orders office and medical supplies.
Prepares/conducts inventory control
- reports as directed and according to care center policies and
- Maintains mobile device supply and equipment orders.
Troubleshoots mobile device software/hardware issues.
- In the absence of an intake coordinator, may be responsible for
the Referral and Intake process within the care center.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Two (2 ) years office or related experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the appropriate skills for
communicating with individuals of all ages, especially the
geriatric population. Excellent interpersonal skills including
excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong computer and software skills.
- Working knowledge of personnel management, record keeping, and
- Bachelor's Degree in business or related field.
- Experience in a healthcare environment.
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy,
marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability,
military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or
carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Keywords: Amedisys Home Health Services, Spartanburg , Office Manager, Other , Spartanburg, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!