Internal Control Analyst
Company: TekPartners, A P2P Staffing Company
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Title: Internal Control Analyst
Location: Spartanburg, SC
Duration: Direct Hire - FTE
Target Comp: $50-65
Work Requirements: Third-party candidates are not
being considered at this time; Candidates must have valid
authorization to work in the US as a W2 employee.
Overview: The Internal Control Analyst contributes
to maintaining a robust system of controls over financial reporting
by assisting in updating key documents, testing internal controls
for effectiveness, and executing process improvement projects as
needed. The Internal Control Analyst will interact with team
members at all levels throughout the company, as well as the
external auditors. They must be able to understand and clearly
articulate the business and financial reporting risks related to
control gaps or testing failures.
- Effectively analyzes and assesses risk to develop audit
procedures, execute test procedures, and conclude on the operating
effectiveness of relevant controls.
- Recommends new internal controls or updates to existing
controls to improve compliance and/or efficiency
- Updates internal control documentation for changes.
- Identifies control issues and findings timely, and ensures
findings are based on relevant facts and are accurately
characterized (based on risk).
- Clearly communicates control findings to management as they are
identified, and works with management to develop effective agreed
upon remediation actions with related time frames for
- Assists with process improvement projects.
- Is responsive to management requests, and fosters positive
working relationships with auditees and the audit team.
- Shares SOX process and business area knowledge with team
- Challenges the 'status-quo' and brings original ideas to the
- Fosters a team environment, is inclusive and works well with
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university in
accounting or a related field of study with comparable
accounting/auditing expertise (MBA is a plus). Recent graduates
encouraged to apply.
- CPA or CPA eligible preferred.
- CIA, CISA and other certifications a plus.
- Internal Audit experience a plus
- Must possess excellent communications skills (written and
- Must possess strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, and Power
- Must be able to think analytically, independently and
- Ability to work with all levels of staff and management
(including C-level executives).
- Must have exposure to Risk, Controls, and Compliance; knowledge
of SOX 302/404 is a plus.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position has no
Work Environment and Physical Demands: This job
operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely
uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones,
photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a
full-time position. Days of work are Monday through Friday. The
daily schedule may vary from 8 am to 5 pm or 9 am to 6 pm. Hours
may vary or exceed 40 in any given week depending on the needs of
Travel: Up to 10% travel is expected for this
Keywords: TekPartners, A P2P Staffing Company, Spartanburg , Internal Control Analyst, Other , Spartanburg, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!