Company: Dean Foods Company
Posted on: June 6, 2021
PET Dairy, a DFA Dairy Brands company, is seeking a Sanitation
Supervisor to support our Spartanburg plant.
We offer competitive pay, comprehensive benefits and great
This is a third shift opportunity: 6pm-6am.
Job Description & Requirements
The Plant Sanitarian/Sanitation Supervisor directly supervises
assigned employees engaged in activities to ensure that plant
operations meet mandatory sanitation requirements for machinery,
equipment and facilities. This includes planning, assigning and
directing work, coordinating weekly CI Meetings, addressing product
and employee complaints, and resolving problems. This person
carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
company's policies, OSHA regulations and applicable laws while
following all CI Processes and the Management Operating Structure
- Implements and maintains plant sanitation programs and ensures
compliance with company standards as stated in the QA Manual and
- Periodically audits sanitation and CIP processes to ensure
compliance with SSOP's.
- Implements and oversees plant Master Sanitation programs.
- Works with Production and other management to plan and schedule
work of supervised staff to meet sanitation schedules while
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in
solving work problems.
- Collaborates with QA staff to troubleshoot and analyze
- Recommends measures to continuously improve sanitation methods,
equipment performance, and quality of products produced and
distributed by the plant.
- Validates SSOP's annually or when systems are modified.
- Manages relationships with outside vendors such as the plant
- Collaborates with other supervisors to coordinate activities of
individual departments including production so as to identify,
solve and prevent problems affecting sanitation.
- Provides for the supervision of assigned employees in
scheduling and daily activities, ensuring effective selection,
retention, feedback, disciplinary action and performance
management. If a collective bargaining agreement exists, may
participate grievances or other contract related activities and
- Trains and instructs employees in regard to sanitation
standards, GMPs, SSOPs and objectives. Oversees instruction,
implementation and enforcement of policies as they relate to
- Leads by example with the Company's Code of Ethics. This
includes following company policies, standards and
- Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring
planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating, and delegating.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements: High school graduate or equivalent
required. A minimum of 2 years' related experience and/or
training. Possess a working knowledge of sanitation operations;
maintains knowledge of current and developing sanitation
techniques. Working knowledge of HACCP. Proficient in
Microsoft Office Suite. Excellent verbal/written communication
skills. Ability to adapt to changing organizational and
operational needs; ability to lead others through change.
Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Skill in
organization, prioritization, and attention to detail. Strong
team player and leader with the ability to work across multiple
functions and disciplines. Ability to select, coach, develop,
engage, and retain a team of employees. Must be able to pass
all pre-employment screens (including drug, background and criminal
Equal Opportunity Employer
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
California applicants, click here for information regarding the
data collection notice for California Consumer Privacy Act.
Keywords: Dean Foods Company, Spartanburg , Sanitation Supervisor, Other , Spartanburg, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!