Sec-Unit & Administrative
Company: Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System
Posted on: June 6, 2021
- If providing direct patient care, must obtain BLS within 30
days of hire
Individual works in a self-directed fashion to provide
diversified and administrative support for the department. They
maintain a close and highly responsive relationship for the
day-to-day activities of the department. It requires knowledge of
office routine and an understanding of the organization, programs
and procedures related to the work of the department, hospital,
etc. It requires familiarity with physician/ hospital and clinical
practice and an ability to interact with people at all levels of
the organization and community. Excellent written and verbal
communication skills are required. Must be able to problem solve,
multi task and utilize critical thinking skills effectively.
All Perioperative Unit Sectaries will:
- Successfully completes hospital and unit-based orientation
- Successfully completes annual hospital and unit-based required
competencies and education
- Accepts constructive feedback to improve job performance and
collaborates with Manager, CUE and/or Charge Nurse to make
- Answering phone, taking and effectively relaying messages,
copying, scanning, and filing
- Collaborates with other SRHS departments in the coordinating
the transfer of patients to and from the Perioperative area.
- Collects data and enters into designated software, as
- Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability by performing other
duties as necessary
- Demonstrates knowledge of appropriate infection prevention
strategies to prevent surgical site infections
- Maintain basic computer, verbal and written communication
- Monitors and performs audits as assigned
- Orders office supplies and paper forms as needed
- Promotes and supports on time case start activities.
- Recognizes the importance of hand hygiene and performs
appropriate hand hygiene techniques
- Responsible for assisting management and leadership with
projects, filing, copying, minutes
- Responsible for reporting risk management concerns to
appropriate persons and initiates corrective action within the
scope of her/his role
- Supports operational activities and projects, as assigned
- Utilizes EPIC and current software to support effective,
efficient and timely patient care
- Works collaboratively with medical staff, guest services,
peers, perioperative associates and SRHS departments to assure
positive patient experience, outcomes, and safe, quality care.
Perioperative Unit Sectaries in Operating Room Specific
- Assigns OR associates to operating room case schedule within
the electronic medical record program under guidance from the OR
Charge nurse and/or OR management.
- Assist and directs vendors, visitors and organ procurement
teams to appropriate personal as necessary.
- Complies with established policies and procedures
- Coordinates new surgical patient packets
- Delivers surgical schedules to required departments within the
- Logs vendor representatives into and out of the electronic
vendor badge program when materials management is not
- Notifies patients via telephone changes to their scheduled
PreOp arrival time.
- Prints and faxes surgical preference cards to sterile
processing for any add on cases
- Schedules and/or rearranges surgical procedures within the
electronic medical record program under guidance from the physician
and/or OR Charge RN/ OR management guidance.
Perioperative Unit Sectaries in Post Anesthesia Care Unit
- Assist with the transportation of specimens to and from the
- Participates in the resolution of customer problems
- Responsible for receipt and distribution of department mail to
Location: Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System Surgery
Schedule: Full-Time, Days (weekends as needed)
Keywords: Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System, Spartanburg , Sec-Unit & Administrative, Other , Spartanburg, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!