This position requires a wider skill set as the role will be
supporting both the networking equipment at the site including
switches, patch panels, wiring and circuits and also providing
end-users direct support as a Service Desk technician supporting
desktop computers, applications, and related technology. Support
includes specification, installation and testing of computer
systems and peripherals within established standards and
guidelines. Activities require interaction with application
software and operating systems to diagnose and resolve unique,
non-recurring problems. The position utilizes one-on-one
consultancy via desk side, ticketing system and phone to end users
and the client's IT staff. The position's responsibilities require
independent analysis, communication and problem solving
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Support and configuration for various LAN / WAN systems
- Respond to queries either in person or over the phone being
accountable to a hotline system.
- Displays good analysis and problem-solving skills, accurately
analyzing a situation and utilizes creative problem solving.
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries
and issues related to computer systems, software and hardware.
- Maintain security and privacy of the information systems and
- Support of monitoring solutions to provide visibility on the
availability, performance, and trending of the network
- Installation, configuration, and ongoing usability of desktop
computers, peripheral equipment and software within established
standards and guidelines.
- Ability to perform network administration skills to include
upgrades and maintenance of hardware operating systems
- Use a ticketing system and be available to provide phone
support as required.
- Knowledgeable about Firewall and security best practices
- Ensure technology solutions comply with the client's compliance
and risk management policies
- BS in computer science, engineering or related field or
equivalent years of experience.
- 4 or more years of experience in Technical Support and 1 or
more years of Networking support. CCNA preferred. Previous Teamlead
or Supervisor/Manager roles a plus.
- Knowledge and experience in connectivity and communications
- Superior customer service skills. This position represents IT
to the business.
- Experience with cabling systems, switches and routers
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
including ability to organize time and work on multiple tasks and
follow through to completion of task or project
- Ability to create and write clear, complete documentation of
systems and procedures
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills including high
degree of attention to detail and accuracy
- Self-motivated and able to work independently or with a
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
This job operates in a professional office environment. This
role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers,
phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Candidate
must be able to lift 50 pounds and go underneath desks as required
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days of work are Monday through
Friday. The daily schedule may vary from 8 am to 5 pm or 9 am to 6
pm or 10am to 7pm. Hours may vary or exceed 40 in any given week
depending on the needs of the business.
This position may require up to 5% travel.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not
discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color,
religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth,
breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner
status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim,
protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership,
or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider
qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent
with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our
website in search of information on employment opportunities or to
apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our
website for a search or application, please contact our Employee
Services Department at email@example.com or