Pre-K Assistant Teacher
Company: Big Blue Marble Academy
Posted on: January 7, 2022
Big Blue Marble Academy ("BBMA") is searching for a
career-minded educator with the desire to lead children into the
21st Century. Our unique curriculum emphasizes global citizenship,
character development, and foreign languages. Our ideal candidate
must be a self-starter, have strong oral and written communication
skills, and the ability to work in a team environment. BBMA
assistant teachers believe they can make a difference in a child's
early education years, and possess a true passion for learning as
well as teaching. Our teachers are dedicated to supporting our
brand and mission of providing global education for children of all
- Classroom management: In this position, you will be responsible
for supervising students, helping implement lesson plans, preparing
lesson material, and maintaining classroom tidiness.
- Communication and Customer Service: Assistant teachers must
have the ability to follow guidance from the Lead Teacher as they
develop relationships with parents and caregivers and support the
goals and successes of the children in their classes. Must be tech
savvy and assist as needed in using required daily activity
reports, either written or electronic, to communicate about each
child's daily activities.
- Operations and Compliance: Follow all procedures for compliance
in accordance with the state licensing regulations. Track
attendance and transitions. Maintain cleanliness of classroom and
other areas as assigned.
- Team player: Must be flexible and able to help other team
members as needed. Each day is different. Must be prepared to work
with all ages, infant through school age, comfortably.
What We Are Looking For:
- Must have high school diploma
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Minimum of six months experience working in a licensed
- Must pass background checks
- Obtain and maintain state in-service training requirements
- Must complete CPR and First Aid training within 90 days if not
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds, and be able to see, hear,
and respond to children's needs, including reaching high, stooping
to the child's level, sitting on the floor and rising from the
floor and standing for long periods of time.
- Be able to handle, in a positive way, the demands that come
with many children and parents physically and emotionally every
- Bilingual candidates preferred
Why You Will Enjoy Working Here:
- No nights or weekends
- Fun and supportive team culture
- Competitive pay
- Childcare discounts
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- On-the-job training to further your career in early childhood
- Growth opportunities
- Referral compensation
- Voluntary benefits for short-term disability, an accident plan,
and critical illness/cancer plans.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of our
background check, pre-hire screenings, and onboarding processes.
All employment is at-will and may be terminated at any time, with
or without cause. Associated topics: assistant preschool teacher,
associate kindergarten teacher, child care, daycare teachers, early
childhood, early education, kindergarten, preschool, preschool
Keywords: Big Blue Marble Academy, Spartanburg , Pre-K Assistant Teacher, Other , Spartanburg, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!