Registered Nurse (RN) - Labor and Delivery
Company: Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System
Posted on: November 18, 2022
Summary Position Summary
Under general supervision, the Registered Nurse demonstrates
thorough knowledge of therapeutic patient care, patient advocacy,
clinical pathways/care maps, team dynamics, hospital systems, and
serves as a resource for the registered nurse and support staff.
Collaborates with leadership in developing and implementing the
Spartanburg Medical Center culture, Vision, Mission and goals.
It is the premise of the Professional Practice Program that each of
the key responsibilities builds on the preceding requirements.
Spartanburg Medical Center is a Baby-Friendly acute care hospital
with a Level III NICU and an OB Laborist program. Our prestigious
Labor and Delivery unit is One of the 5 Level III perinatal centers
in our region, delivering roughly 250 babies per month. We have 6
Triage beds, 14 LDRs with the potential for 16. This team of
dedicated professionals is defined by teamwork and a passion for
the patients they serve.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Current R.N. licensure in the state of South Carolina
- BLS, ACLS, PALS/ENPC
Core Job Responsibilities
- Collaborates with patients, families, and other members of the
health care team to determine patient priorities and
- Initiates and facilitates interdisciplinary collaboration to
- Seeks necessary assistance in completing nursing interventions
to assure positive patient outcomes
- Participates in hourly rounding and bedside shift
- Responsible for demonstrating competency for all new equipment
- Provides clinical guidance to students and ancillary
- Successfully completes hospital and unit-based orientation
- Formulates a plan for professional growth
- Ensures compliance with all clinical expectations regarding
- Identifies appropriate standards of care, and/or collaborative
clinical pathways to guide the plan of care
- Complies with established policies and procedures
- Identifies the need to develop or revise policies and
procedures pertaining to specialized patient populations and/or
unit and hospital-based practices
- Serves on unit-based committees
- Prioritizes nursing interventions for an assigned group of
- Assesses assigned patients' medical history, admitting
diagnosis and physician's orders, obtaining nursing history,
performing physical assessment, evaluating diagnostic data, and
interviewing patient and family to determine patient needs
- Demonstrates knowledge of professional nursing practice and
- Assures continuity of care through effective decision making
resulting in quality patient care
- Documents all aspects of patient care by following established
charting procedure to show the patient's progress or any change in
the patient's condition
- Other Duties as assigned
Additional Information Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System
(SRHS) offers a full spectrum of services through six hospital
campuses: Spartanburg Medical Center, Spartanburg Medical Center -
Mary Black Campus, Pelham Medical Center, Cherokee Medical Center,
Spartanburg Hospital for Restorative Care and Union Medical Center.
SRHS also includes Ellen Sagar Nursing Center and Woodruff Manor.
SRHS provides unparalleled cancer care through Gibbs Cancer Center
& Research Institute, with locations in Spartanburg, Greer, Union
and Gaffney. The multidisciplinary Medical Group of the Carolinas
has more than 600 physicians across Upstate South Carolina and
western North Carolina. SRHS employs more than 9,000 associates and
offers outpatient surgery centers and a Level I Trauma Center.
Founded on Aug. 29, 1921, as Spartanburg General Hospital,
Spartanburg Regional celebrates over 100 years of excellence.
- - - - - -
Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System (SRHS) offers a full
spectrum of services through four hospitals: Spartanburg Medical
Center, Pelham Medical Center, Spartanburg Hospital for Restorative
Care and Union Medical Center. SRHS also includes Ellen Sagar
Nursing Center, 113-bed long-term care, skilled nursing facility
that offers nursing care and rehabilitation services.
SRHS provides unparalleled oncological care through the Gibbs
Cancer Center & Research Institute. The multidisciplinary Medical
Group of the Carolinas has more than 300 physicians across seven
counties in two states.
SRHS employs nearly 6,000 associates and offers outpatient surgery
centers, a vibrant post-acute division, and a Level I Trauma
Keywords: Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System, Spartanburg , Registered Nurse (RN) - Labor and Delivery, Other , Spartanburg, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!