Safety / Quality Leader
Posted on: November 21, 2022
Safety / Quality LeaderApply Job ID 23546 Date posted Nov. 15,
2022 Location Spartanburg, South Carolina Full Time / Part Time
Full time (FT) As a worldwide marketing solutions partner our goal
is to help our clients win every day. We use our data-driven,
integrated marketing platform, with a strong foundation in print,
to help clients reduce complexity, increase efficiency and enhance
marketing spend effectiveness. We've built a rich history by
believing in our people, allowing them to act like owners and take
charge of their own success. Whether you're an operator, sales
representative, a graphic artist or a clinician, we're all driven
to perform at our best - for ourselves and our clients. We're a
company with a soul and a belief that we can always create a better
Quality/Safety Leader is responsible for maintaining plant
compliance with OSHA, Quad SMS, SQF, ISO, and Quad QMS resulting in
a safe work environment for employees, a safe production
environment for our customers' products, and sustained regulatory
compliance. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES Safety
- Demonstrate, lead and promote a culture of safety throughout
the facility including the main plant and warehouse.
- Maintain a proficient knowledge and understanding of OSHA and
other regulatory requirements.
- Maintain required OSHA documentation and incident investigation
- Implement OSHA programs and assure training and
- Implement and maintain corporate-directed Safety Management
System (SMS) and Environmental Health and Safety Plan (EHS
- Communicate safety concerns to management.
- Assure that employees, contractors, and visitors receive
required safety training and that records of such training are
- Support continuous improvement and consistently look for
opportunities to increase the effectiveness, quality, and
proficiency in our processes and systems.
- Participate in plant-based and corporate safety and ergonomic
- Meet or exceed the company's safety and compliance objectives.
- Demonstrate, lead and promote a culture of quality/food safety
throughout the facility including the main plant and
- Obtain independent SQF Practitioner and HACCP
- Maintain a proficient knowledge of the SQF and ISO codes and
sustain Quad's compliance.
- Work with department leaders to investigate customer
complaints, determine root cause, and develop effective corrective
- Maintain the internal audit program to verify SOP/GMP
compliance and opportunities for improvement.
- Supervise the quarantine process to assure work moves
efficiently, inspectors follow guidance, and results are
- Help develop and revise SOPs.
- Maintain customer complaint and non-billable data to identify
trends and opportunities.
- Maintain documentation required for SQF and ISO compliance,
local and shared.
- Host customer audits.
- Meet or exceed the company's quality, product safety, and
compliance objectives. *All Packaging employees must: Follow and
comply with all food safety and quality policies. Report any food
safety issues or concerns to the Site Leadership Team. SCOPE Food
Safety & Quality Assurance for Spartanburg Packaging plant JOB
REQUIREMENTS Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Experience: Safety or Quality Assurance experience in a
manufacturing environment preferred, but not required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: SQF certification preferred,
but not required. Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- General understanding of print and packaging production.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with others.
- Ability to take the initiative to solve problems and create
solutions. Additional Company Information We offer excellent
benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays,
vacations and more. Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity
employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place
of belonging - a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who
they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not
discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color,
national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic
information,or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal,
state, or locallaws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants
and employees based on any of these protected categories. Drug Free
Workplace Apply We strive to take care of employees and recognize
their hard work by offering benefits that provide for employees'
needs - both current and yet-to-come.Explore available
opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.The importance
of caring for one another, runs deep. It is at the heart of our
healthcare and wellness programs, our retirement plans, all of our
benefits. It's how we build rich, balanced lives for ourselves and
our families, at work and at home.From the very beginning, Quad has
been defined by the people who work here. Our values, our skills,
our creativity - it has all grown from those very first days in
business, passed from worker to worker, built on the relationships
- the trust - between us. All the presses, computers and
technology; all the buildings; all the resources; none of it
matters without the people who make Quad work. Select a job
category from the list of options. Search for a location and select
one from the list of suggestions. Finally, click "Add" to create
your job alert.
Keywords: Quad/Graphics, Spartanburg , Safety / Quality Leader, Other , Spartanburg, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!