Registered Nurse (RN) - ICU - Spartanburg Hospital For Restorative Care
Company: Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System
Posted on: November 21, 2022
Summary ***Sign-on and Relocation bonuses available based on
experience and location! New grads welcome to apply!***
Under general supervision, the Registered Nurse demonstrates
thorough knowledge of therapeutic patient care, patient advocacy,
clinical pathways/care maps, team dynamics, hospital systems, and
serves as a resource for the registered nurse and support staff.
Collaborates with leadership in developing and implementing the
Spartanburg Medical Center culture, Vision, Mission and goals.
It is the premise of the Professional Practice Program that each of
the key responsibilities builds on the preceding requirements.
This position is part of our 3-bed Intensive Care Unit (ICU) within
Spartanburg Hospital For Restorative Care, a long term acute-care
hospital (LTACH). We treat a wide variety of patients with various
conditions needing longer term acute care. Our average patient stay
is 28-30 days. This is an exciting area to work in for someone who
enjoys the intensive care setting with extensive variety, while
building close patient relationships, and having a tight-knit,
family-like working environment centered around teamwork.
Our long-term, acute care (LTACH) unit focuses on patients with
serious medical problems that require special treatment.
Successful intervention requires a comprehensive approach involving
often involving numerous professions and technologies. Educating
the patient and family is crucial to achieving success and breaking
the cycle of readmission. Patients reach their optimal and
realistic goals through work, family involvement, and intervention
of many professionals.
Our team provides individuals with services on the following
- Pulmonary disease
- Cardiac disease
- Infectious disease
- Medically complex
- Post trauma
- Renal disease
- Wound care
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Current R.N. licensure in the state of South Carolina
- BLS, ACLS, PALS/ENPC
Core Job Responsibilities
- Collaborates with patients, families, and other members of the
health care team to determine patient priorities and
- Initiates and facilitates interdisciplinary collaboration to
- Seeks necessary assistance in completing nursing interventions
to assure positive patient outcomes
- Participates in hourly rounding and bedside shift
- Responsible for demonstrating competency for all new equipment
- Provides clinical guidance to students and ancillary
- Successfully completes hospital and unit-based orientation
- Formulates a plan for professional growth
- Ensures compliance with all clinical expectations regarding
- Identifies appropriate standards of care, and/or collaborative
clinical pathways to guide the plan of care
- Complies with established policies and procedures
- Identifies the need to develop or revise policies and
procedures pertaining to specialized patient populations and/or
unit and hospital-based practices
- Serves on unit-based committees
- Prioritizes nursing interventions for an assigned group of
- Assesses assigned patients' medical history, admitting
diagnosis and physician's orders, obtaining nursing history,
performing physical assessment, evaluating diagnostic data, and
interviewing patient and family to determine patient needs
- Demonstrates knowledge of professional nursing practice and
- Assures continuity of care through effective decision making
resulting in quality patient care
- Documents all aspects of patient care by following established
charting procedure to show the patient's progress or any change in
the patient's condition
- Other Duties as assigned
Additional Information Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System
(SRHS) offers a full spectrum of services through six hospital
campuses: Spartanburg Medical Center, Spartanburg Medical Center -
Mary Black Campus, Pelham Medical Center, Cherokee Medical Center,
Spartanburg Hospital for Restorative Care and Union Medical Center.
SRHS also includes Ellen Sagar Nursing Center and Woodruff Manor.
SRHS provides unparalleled cancer care through Gibbs Cancer Center
& Research Institute, with locations in Spartanburg, Greer, Union
and Gaffney. The multidisciplinary Medical Group of the Carolinas
has more than 600 physicians across Upstate South Carolina and
western North Carolina. SRHS employs more than 9,000 associates and
offers outpatient surgery centers and a Level I Trauma Center.
Founded on Aug. 29, 1921, as Spartanburg General Hospital,
Spartanburg Regional celebrates over 100 years of excellence.
- - - - - -
Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System (SRHS) offers a full
spectrum of services through four hospitals: Spartanburg Medical
Center, Pelham Medical Center, Spartanburg Hospital for Restorative
Care and Union Medical Center. SRHS also includes Ellen Sagar
Nursing Center, 113-bed long-term care, skilled nursing facility
that offers nursing care and rehabilitation services.
SRHS provides unparalleled oncological care through the Gibbs
Cancer Center & Research Institute. The multidisciplinary Medical
Group of the Carolinas has more than 300 physicians across seven
counties in two states.
SRHS employs nearly 6,000 associates and offers outpatient surgery
centers, a vibrant post-acute division, and a Level I Trauma
Keywords: Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System, Spartanburg , Registered Nurse (RN) - ICU - Spartanburg Hospital For Restorative Care, Other , Spartanburg, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!