Registered Nurse - PCU
Company: Mission Hospital
Posted on: September 17, 2023
Description This position is eligible for a voluntary -sign on
bonus with a 2-year commitment to Mission Health. Sign-on bonus
will be paid out in your first paycheck! This position also has
newly increased rates!*Current HCA employees and those employed by
HCA anytime in the last 6 months are not eligible to receive the
sign on bonus.IntroductionLast year our HCA Healthcare colleagues
invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As
a(an) RN - Progressive Care with Mission Hospital you can be a part
of an organization that is devoted to giving back!BenefitsMission
Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health,
life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans
and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services
and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits
with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto
repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and
preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only
coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on
income.Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare
provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues?
Join the Mission Hospital family! We will give you the tools and
resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking
for an enthusiastic RN - Progressive Care to help us reach our
goals. Unlock your potential!Job Summary and Qualifications
- The Progressive Care Registered Nurse coordinates and delivers
high quality, patient-centered care. In collaboration with medical
providers, the RN provides pre-operative and post-operative nursing
- The RN serves as an advocate for patients to support an
unparalleled patient experience.
- Provides leadership which facilitates the delivery of
professional nursing care for the comfort and well-being of
patients. Utilizes the nursing process of assessment, planning,
implementation, and evaluation, to provide, delegate, supervise and
document care and teaching of patients and family.
- Implements medically prescribed interventions.What you will do
in this role:
- Assess patient condition during admission and during each
shift, identifying and reporting any changes in patient
- Perform procedures or other functions as ordered by the medical
- Document the administration of care in the patient medical
record in a timely and thorough manner.
- Perform the administration of prescribed medications and
- Maintain a knowledge of medications, procedures, and equipment
used in the care of cardiac and medical-surgical patients.What
qualifications you will need:
- Required Education: Bachelor of Science in Nursing or enroll in
a BSN or advanced degree program and obtain a BSN within 5 years of
hire date into RN position. Grandfathering will be accepted between
departments and Mission Health entities. Exemptions, or extensions,
may be approved by the facility CNO and reported out to the CNO
Council members. Each facility will ensure tracking of exemptions
should this information be needed. RNs with 10 years or more of
experience are exempt.
- Preferred Education: Masters in Nursing.
- Required License/Certifications: Must have and maintain current
licensure as registered nurse with the North Carolina Board of
Nursing. eNLC (Enhanced Nurse License Compact) license may apply,
licensee should confirm with NCBON
- Certificate: BLS Healthcare Provider
- Preferred License/Certifications: National Certification in
area of specialty
- Required Experience: One year nursing experience
- This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19
based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a
medical or religious exemption is approved).Mission Hospital,
located in Asheville, is Mission Health's flagship hospital and is
licensed for 763 beds. Business North Carolina ranked Mission
Hospital the No. 1 "Best Hospital" in North Carolina for 2017 and
2018, and Mission Hospital ranked among the top 1% of "Best
Hospitals" nationally in 2016 by Healthgrades. We are the regional
referral center for tertiary and quaternary care and the region's
only Level II trauma center. Mission Hospital also includes Mission
Children's Hospital - the region's only children's hospital -
providing 30 pediatric sub-specialists. We're the busiest surgical
hospital west of Raleigh, North Carolina, and the second-busiest in
the state. Mission Hospital provides the only open heart and
interventional cardiology in the region, and is the only Cyberknife
provider west of Raleigh. "There is so much good to do in the world
and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder Be a part of an organization that invests
in you! We are reviewing applications for our RN - Progressive Care
opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient
care!We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at
our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Mission Hospital, Spartanburg , Registered Nurse - PCU, Other , Rutherfordton, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!