Field Welder - Traveling Position
Company: Tindall Corporation
Posted on: November 7, 2019
Field Welder - Traveling Position
Tindall Corporation is a trusted leader in precast, prestressed
concrete - one of ENR s highest-rated specialty contractors. We
know that a dynamic, supportive working environment leads to
success, which is why we invest in what matters most: you!
We know that to succeed as a company, every team member must
succeed individually. We re Committed to helping you grow to your
maximum potential. With your talent and commitment, we can turn
challenges into opportunities and dreams into careers.
Shift: 1st Shift
As part of Tindall's erection crews, you will be performing all
welding duties that are required on the erection site. This would
be construction type work with Regular, dependable hours, benefits
Our service area is from Texas to Pennsylvania however 85-90% of
travel is within the Carolinas.
* Competitive Pay!
* Travel time and mileage is compensated for one one-way travel
* Full-time: M-F work week w/ occasional Saturdays
* Weekly Paycheck
* Paid Vacation Time
* 9 Paid Holidays
* Boot Voucher up to $150
* Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance after 90 days
* 401K Retirement Account
As a traveling welder with the erection crews, you will be
responsible for completing the following duties:
* Cleans connection plates with chipping hammer and wire brush.
* Climbs up ladder, with welding leads, to extreme heights to
connect panels together with a weld connection.
* Drills holes for red head bolts in foundation, installs red
heads, bolts clip angle to foundation and welds angles to
* Alleviates bad joints by using a hand wrench to pull the panel
together to make the weld connection.
* Weld haunch and base plates on members at job site.
* Weld connection plates on panels, beams, columns, and double
* Helps erection crew with duties when available, such as;
grouting, positioning members, etc.
Expectations of Tindall Employees:
* Strong work ethic
* Excellent attendance
* Attention to safety & quality
* Upholding company core values
* Maintain a clean and organized work area
*Only complete applications that include work history, education,
and address will be considered*
* HS Diploma or GED with 2 years related experience
* Be able to pass a welding test
* Certified in AWS Positions: SMAW-3F and SMAW-4F
* Have a valid driver s license.
Willingness to travel 85-90% of the time
Traits of Successful Employees:
* Ability to tolerate physical demands and outdoor environment of
* Desire to work in a team environment, assist others when needed
and build long term relationships
* Must be able to exhibit good communication skills when working
with fellow employees
* Ability to complete tasks according to planned schedule
Tindall is a zero tolerance drug-free workplace. Applicants must be
able to pass pre-employment and regular post-employment, random
Tindall Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EEO
Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran
status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected
Keywords: Tindall Corporation, Spartanburg , Field Welder - Traveling Position, Other , Spartanburg, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!