Company: DEAN FOODS COMPANY
Posted on: January 14, 2020
Job Description & RequirementsJob Description:
- The Shipping Clerk is responsible for verifying and keeping
records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for
- Compare identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures
items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information
against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
- Direct movement of shipments from shipping and receiving
platforms to storage and work areas.
- Help ensures proper storage, inventory and security of all
- Maintain appropriate records, files, documentation and resolve
- Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying
opportunities to improve processes.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
- Follow all required work safe practices. This would include
wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space
safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
- Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs and food
quality related to designated area.-- Report any food safety and
food quality related issues to management immediately.
- Perform other duties as assigned.Job Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.--
- 6 months related experience required.
- Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Must be able to sit for virtually the entire shift.
Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and
assist others when lifting is required.
- Must be able to operate a computer, phone and other office
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including overtime,
weekends and holidays.
- Be able to effectively work in a team environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including
drug, background and criminal checks).EEO StatementDean Foods
considers marijuana (including medical marijuana) to be an illegal
drug. Dean Foods will rescind offers of employment to applicants
who test positive for marijuana (unless restricted from doing so by
state or local law). Dean Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or
protected veteran status.
Keywords: DEAN FOODS COMPANY, Spartanburg , Shipping Clerk, Professions , Spartanburg, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!