Process Improvement Fall 2021 COOP
Company: BMW Group M--xico
Posted on: February 14, 2021
Innovation is imagining what's NEXT when no one else can.
Shaping your future starts here, as we believe our Gen> NEXT
students are the future leaders of BMW. Our vision is to secure BMW
Manufacturing's excellence by attracting the best of the best. We
believe in creating a hands-on environment where you can directly
impact the future of mobility. You will be guided and mentored
throughout inspiring tasks and projects. As one of our Gen> NEXT
students, you will be part of the team from day one and encouraged
to add new ideas and value to the business. This is a co-op
position which requires three alternating rotations (e. g. 1st
rotation: fall, 2nd rotation: summer 3rd rotation: spring).
- Support to PSP (Process Support Planner) role: Analyzes,
creates, supports and implements projects to enable the logistics
area to meet cost and efficiency targets through the application of
VPS (Value Added Production System) methods and Standards.
- Support to Controlling Planning Specialist: Support collecting
and analyzing data to aid management in decision making in the
planning/target setting process
- Support to PSP and Safety team: work with team to integrate
SERA into PSP work
- Support logistics areas by improving running performance
through efficiency and process improvement
- Introduce efficiency projects to help meet and exceed targets
-handling costs, headcount, and other logistics cost reduction
including Quality and Safety Improvements, elimination of waste and
weakness within process
- Supporting running reports to analysis logistics KPIs (key
process indicators) based on performance and targets
- Supporting safety and PSP team to integrate SERA into logistics
- Work along a PSP in a designated area in Logistics (e.g. one
Assembly Hall or warehouse) and take over small projects for
process improvement based on current production performance of the
area. Working with process partners in Physical Logistics and
Planning, as well as outside vendors.
- Support in collect and analyze data concerning scrap, downtime,
headcount targets, time per unit, overtime. Data collecting will
include exporting data out of SAP, KPI dashboard and other BMW
- Revisiting ergonomic standard of Logistics processes in
alignment with SERA Qualifications and Experience
- Education: degree with focus on logistics that relates to
process improvement and data analysis in manufacturing environment.
IE Industrial Engineer, Supply Chain Management, Logistics
- Proficient skills in MS office applications - Excel, Power
Point and Microsoft Office. Able to collect and analyze data by
utilizing advanced excel formulas. Able to apply problem solving
methods to aid in process analysis and project management skills.
Able to effectively communicate, work in both team/individual
environment and steer projects with results. Prefer previous
internship or work experience in a manufacturing environment.
Requirements for All Domestic Students:
- Possess a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (not just in
- Have full-time status at an accredited four-year college or
university in the United States
- Completed at least 30 credit hours at time of application
- Able to complete 3 alternating work terms for Co-op
- Able to work full-time (40 hours / week)
- Transfer students must have a GPA from current university
- MUST ATTACH A COPY OF UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT
- Complete and pass a substance abuse test before the work
- THE WORK TERM DATES ARE August 16, 2021 - December 17, 2021BMW
Manufacturing Company is an equal opportunity employer. It is the
policy of BMW MC to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to
all qualified persons regardless of age, race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability or veteran status.--Employment with BMW Manufacturing
Co., LLC (BMW MC) is at-will and may be terminated at any time,
with or without notice, at the option of BMW MC or the employees.
Process Improvement Fall 2021 COOP Legal Entity: BMW Manufacturing
Keywords: BMW Group M--xico, Spartanburg , Process Improvement Fall 2021 COOP, Professions , Spartanburg, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!