Land Construction Manager
Company: Meritage Homes
Posted on: November 12, 2021
Responsibilities: This is a field-based role, focusing on the
horizontal construction components before vertical construction
takes over. - In this role, you will:
- Provide ongoing management and monitor all phases of land
development construction through successful delivery of all lots to
Construction Department. -
- Coordinate on-site construction activity for scope of work and
subcontractors & field consultants as necessary.
- Manage -construction schedule to ensure on-time delivery of
lots in accordance with business plan.
- Verify material deliveries for import/export of fill; pipe;
storm drains; concrete and amenity construction.
- Ensure that all active construction sites comply with
regulatory and safety requirements of jurisdictional agencies and
corporate policy. -
- Regularly review all active development projects, including
other construction activities as may be assigned from time to time,
to verify work in progress, contractor activity and manpower.
- Coordinate inspection process in cooperation with site
contractor. Schedule municipal and utility inspectors.
- Communicate safety standards to laborers and sub-contractors;
enforce safety regulations on all job sites. -
- Ensure that finished lots are delivered to construction
department in accordance with division standards.
- Interact daily with various departments of company, field
personnel, site contractors, subcontractors, field consultants and
jurisdictional agency representatives.
- Work with construction department to resolve finished lot
- Prepare and submit weekly progress reports
- Other duties or projects as assigned or needed. -
- High School Diploma or equivalent. College degree in
Construction Management, preferred
- 5 - 8 years of site/infrastructure construction experience with
increasing levels of project oversight experience
- Experience with heavy civil or infrastructure construction
- Knowledge of heavy civil construction practices.
- Must be able to read construction documents, surveys and
technical reports to maintain quality control and oversee all
aspects of construction including underground utilities, paving,
grading and drainage infrastructure.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Ability to prioritize projects, work against deadlines and
organize work flow with multiple interruptions
- Organized, with ability to prioritize multiple projects and
workflow of department to meet deadlines, often with frequent
interruptions and changing circumstances.
- Takes initiative and works with minimal oversight; proactively
addresses problems with regards to work product, process and
personnel. Overview: Are you looking for an incredible career
opportunity? Then Meritage Homes is the place for you! -From the
homes we build to the careers we offer, we believe in quality. ?
Meritage Homes is the ENERGY STAR - Partner of The Year in
Sustained Excellence for being a leader in protecting the
environment and advancing energy efficiency in homebuilding. We are
looking for candidates who are excited about furthering their
careers, as well as being a part of an organization that helps
people live happier, healthier lives. - With over 100,000 homes
built, Meritage Homes is looking for professionals who are
self-starters and want to help our organization grow by providing
new and innovative ideas. - -When joining Meritage Homes, you and
your career can benefit in several ways, including:
- A work environment that encourages creativity and innovative
ideas from every level
- An organization that lives by its core values everyday
- Team atmosphere where very individual is considered a vital
- State of the art technology to provide an optimal working
- A competitive pay structure
- Strong benefits
- Flexibility in work-life integration
- Team-oriented environment where all individuals play an
integral role in the company
- Opportunity to further your career in a growing national
- Maintain a competitive drive to be the best#LI-ND1
Keywords: Meritage Homes, Spartanburg , Land Construction Manager, Professions , Spartanburg, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!