Assembly Technician I - 3rd shift
Company: Wabtec Corporation
Posted on: September 8, 2023
Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment,
systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and
transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective
experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport,
the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological
innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling
the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on
performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions
that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000
employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company's
new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com.
It's not just about your career... or your job title...it's about
who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do
you want to go into uncharted waters...do things that haven't been
done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been
doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our
people, leadership development, services, technology and scale,
Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking
the language of industry.
At Wabtec Passenger Transit site, our focus is on manufacturing
high quality Braking and Coupler systems for the Mass Transit
industry. This position is beginner to intermediate level and is
responsible for the assembly of fabricated parts, components or
units at floor stations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Disassemble and assemble components by utilizing hand and power
tools according to product specification as assigned. Adheres to
standard work. Performs this work with limited oversight.
- Perform disassembly, clean, requalification, rework and
assembly operations on component utilizing manual equipment and
automated equipment in accordance with manufacturing and quality
- Inspect work completed on components to internal inspection
criteria for compliance to quality or engineering
- Completes work in compliance with established standards,
including process conformance and standard cycle time.
- Demonstrates awareness of safety requirements in assigned work
areas and wears appropriate PPE for assigned work. Contributes to
continuous improvement of safety culture in work areas.
- Completes raw material inspection and preparation for one or
more product lines. Responsible for the quality of material
processed, including defects that were created prior to receiving
material. Performs this work with limited oversight.
- May test and calibrate parts and mechanisms to meet tolerances
and product specifications.
- Follows all component handling procedures.
- Accepts training and coaching from supervisor
- Participates in environmentally appropriate workplace
maintenance habits, including 5S.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
- High School graduate, or general education degree
- Previous experience not required but prefer one year industry
experience in manufacturing or transportation
- Possess basic math skills and ability to read and interpret
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Strategic and creative thinking to analyze issues that may
arise, and create solutions.
- Ability to respond positively to feedback, and implement change
in process and procedures as needed.
- General dexterity and proficiency in handling complex assembly
- Capability to use hand tools safely
- Capability to power tools safety as assigned.
- Physical performance of tasks as determined by leader.
Physical Demands: (The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
Work Environment: (The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job.)
The employee will normally work in a manufacturing
temperature-controlled environment that may involve exposure to
cold and hot temperatures, humidity, dust, vapors, fumes, vibration
and other loud noises from plant.
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world's toughest
challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a
culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to
employ the world's brightest minds to help us create a limitless
source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented
people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles...people like
you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment
opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex,
national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital
status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected
Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that
requires accommodation, please let us know.
Keywords: Wabtec Corporation, Spartanburg , Assembly Technician I - 3rd shift, Professions , Duncan, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!