Material Handler -Tank Farm
Company: Univar Solutions
Posted on: July 13, 2019
Want to work for a company that is reimagining distribution? Join
Univar Solutions, the premier global distributor of chemicals and
ingredients. Our goal is to function as a direct extension of our
customers' teams; to serve as an ally in their quest of business
At Univar Solutions, we're building on our more than 90 years of
experience and drawing on deep resources - inventory and logistics
experts, scientists, PhDs, procurement, customer service, sales and
marketers-to deliver consultative services and an unmatched
portfolio to solve customers' formulation and operational
challenges. When you work for Univar Solutions, you'll play an
important role in shaping how we deliver more than chemical and
ingredients. Primary Purpose: Provide efficient operation of the
tank farm facilities. Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Shipping and receiving of bulk chemicals in the tank farm;
provides services for the prompt and accurate filling, packing, and
shipping of tank farm customer orders.
- Ensures compliance with all State and Federal labeling and
shipping laws and regulations on merchandise shipped from
- Inspects and checks tank farm equipment and facilities to
ensure that all equipment is in good operating condition.
- Ensures the maintenance and protection of warehouse stocks,
supplies, and equipment.
- Makes monthly inspection of plant fire control system.
- Maintains warehouse stocks after they are received and ensures
that aisles and warehouse floor is cleaned and cleared of
- Prepare a monthly list of all-empty containers, un-repairable
pallets, distressed stock, and miscellaneous non-usable materials
and submit to Warehouse Manager.
- Exchange workers with other warehouse sections as needed.
- Complete inspections and paperwork associated with hazardous
waste generation and waste pickup transport.
- Any problems with regard to tank farm operation should be
brought to the attention of Warehouse or Operation's Manager.
- High School Diploma, or GED with additional schooling or
equivalent business experience Physical Demands/Environmental
- Office and plant environment
- Ability to respond to emergency response situations
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions
- Ability to respond to emergencies and direct Emergency Response
- Ability to operate all warehouse equipment
- Ability to work varying and extended hours Univar Solutions is
an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated
against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran
status, or other protected classification. We offer comprehensive
benefits to employees including medical, dental, STD, LTD and life
insurance, 401k, generous PTO and much more.
Keywords: Univar Solutions, Spartanburg , Material Handler -Tank Farm, Professions , Spartanburg, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!