Patient Services Representative
Company: ReGenesis Health Care Community Health Center
Posted on: November 17, 2021
PURPOSE: The Patient Access Representative position receives,
coordinates and implements the initial patient experience by
providing critical functions essential to ensuring proper clinical
treatment, billing and reimbursement, patient satisfaction as well
as efficient and accurate handling of the patient registration
process. Work is performed within a Federally Qualified Community
Health Center, following the Health Resources and Services
Administration (HRSA) guidelines.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures proper utilization of electronic health record and
other computer systems to facilitate efficient and effective
- Accurately completes a quality registration in the electronic
health record that maintains the integrity of demographic and
financial information required for clinical and billing functions
for every patient encounter.
- Researches and resolves all registration occurrences for
demographic, clinical and insurance accuracy.
- Responsible for utilization of time and management of work
processes to ensure organizational and departmental expectations
- Ability to maintain HIPAA, confidentiality, and handle
sensitive information is necessary in this role.
- Schedules appointments and maintains smooth patient flow
throughout the clinic.
- Ensures insurance verification of insurance benefits and
financial clearance for all payors at each encounter via phone or
web in order to provide patient with estimated payment
responsibility for services requested or rendered.
- Ensures proper patient billing and payment collections in
accordance with the Sliding Fee Scale and all health plans.
- Accurately processes patient payments for account posting.
- Accurately completes waiver of fee forms and payment estimate
letters in an attempt for payment collections when applicable.
- Maintains an accurate cash drawer and functions related to cash
drawer reconciliation and deposit.
- Performs other necessary duties as required by the Group
Practice Manager or the Senior Group Practice Manager to meet the
goal of providing exemplary primary health care.
- Understands and adheres to state and federal regulations and
system policies regarding compliance, integrity and ethical
- Understands and demonstrates compliance with both Health
Services and Resources Administration (HRSA) and ReGenesis Health
Care program requirements.
- Demonstrate and maintain the standards and requirements of the
Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, (HIPPA); while
ensuring the protection and security of personal, confidential and
identifiable information in a professional and responsible manner
and carry out all measures to prevent from unauthorized disclosures
- Be a steward for the mission of ReGenesis Health
- Proficiency with EMR systems and software applications,
including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proven diplomatic approach to complex situations.
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Confidence to bring project issues to management and implement
- Ability to foster a collaborative team environment and embrace
a culturally diverse setting.
- Ability to work M- F from 8am-5pm with flexibility to work
based health center operational needs.COMPETENCIES: To perform the
job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following
competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.?
Customer Service?the individual provides quality patient centered
service? Interpersonal Skills?the individual maintains
confidentiality, remains open to others? ideas and exhibits
willingness to work cooperatively in a team setting? Oral/Written
communication?the individual speaks clearly and edits written
documents for effective communication of information?Time
Management?the individual prioritizes and plans work activities,
uses time efficiently? Quality control?the individual demonstrates
accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.?
Adaptability?the individual adapts to changes in the work
environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with
frequent change, delays or unexpected events.? Dependability?the
individual is consistently at work and on time, follows
instructions, responds to manEDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/REQUIREMENTS:
Associate's Degree in health/social sciences or a related field
with 1-2 years' experience in the health care system; or High
School diploma with more than 2 years' experience in the a health
care system.Working knowledge of medical terminology.Prior Federal
Qualified Health Center experience desirable.CERTIFICATE/LICENSE:
- Valid SC Driver's License
- CPR/AED certification preferred.
- Certified Medical Insurance Specialist (CMIS) or equivalent
certification desirable.PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Office work environment;
sitting for a large percentage of workday with sedentary work.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to, stand, sit; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to
operate a computer and telephone keyboard reach. Ability to sit at
a computer terminal/desk for an extended period. Visual acuity to
work with general office technology resources including fax,
copier, PC/Laptop, and telephone. Regular, predictable attendance
is required.Job Type: Full-time
Keywords: ReGenesis Health Care Community Health Center, Spartanburg , Patient Services Representative, Sales , Spartanburg, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!